Thread: Coconuts page

mcallit is offline Member

Coconuts

I know fruits should be taken in moderation (I usually don't eat a whole lot of fruit on a daily basis), but what about coconut? Most of its calories come from saturated fat, its carb content is pretty high, but much of it is dietary fiber, and it tastes so good!

What's the opinion on here about coconuts?

mcallit is offline Member
    So does no one else take the time to prepare a coconut?

Lillian is offline Member
    I'll occasionally eat a coconut. The ones I get are usually the young coconuts, but I don't think you'd have to worry unless you're eating it everyday. Which would be kind of hard since they are so hard to prepare.

Roach is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat a coconut pretty much everyday. I usually eat a breakfast consisting of bacon, eggs, raw milk/kefir, and I drink an entire young coconut. I then save the meat for dessert after dinner.

I'm still getting leaner even with the coconut/raw milk/kefir every morning. Would I be leaner w/o them? Maybe. But the coconut is the food of the gods as far as I'm concerned. I feel like a million bucks after drinking one so there's no chance I'm giving it up. And I'm getting pretty good at opening them. It takes about 2 minutes from start to finish. You just need the proper gear. A chef's knife and a cleaver makes quick work of a coconut. My grandpa still opens them with a machete and he's 97.