Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bikini ready by summer page 2

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    Now I can't tell if I should base my goal on weight or size. I wouldn't have thought there would be such a weight difference in women wearing the same pants size and within 2" of the same height.
    Size.

Measuring weight just preconditions you to hate having muscles.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

I have more abdominal fat to lose, and I desperately want my arms to look toned, but otherwise I am pretty happy. Maybe 145 would be good? I don't know. I can't see how I'd be any smaller than a size 10, though. I'm with you -- 135 would be crazy skinny. I think my husband would be sad if I got that tiny.

FreeBelle is offline Member
    We'll get there! That's why I'm recording everything I eat because I've done it before. I've gained and lost and during it, you don't realize you're doing it. So I always wish I could look back to see what I did that worked so I can repeat it. But last year when I lost 10lbs I don't know what I did. I know I cheated a lot but for the most part stayed strict. I wish I would of kept track so I can look back on it now.

With that said today stats;
    177lbs

Coffee w coconut oil
    4 eggs with sesame oil
    Kim chee
    Macadamia nuts - prob more then a handful.
    Grassfed cheese
    Coconut cream cubes

I taste tested some olive oil. I never realized how spicey olive oil was because I've actually never tasted it alone.

My focus for now is getting fat adapted and not worry too much about calories. I'm going to try to incorporate fasting to lower my overall weekly calories.

Ash877 is offline Member
    It's hard to not focus on the scale, but it's such an inaccurate way to measure. Since starting paleo, I have lost 2 inches off my belly button, and 1 inch off the waist, but I have gained 3 lbs.

Look up 5 lbs of muscle vs 5 lbs of fat online, the difference is amazing.

Yes inaccurate indeed. Today I'm at 173.5! I'm pretty sure I didn't drop 4lbs of fat overnight. Wow water weighs alot...maybe more then muscle.

urallsheep is offline Junior Member
    I did a Whole30 starting on September 10th of last year and when that wrapped up, I had dropped ~18 pounds. Which was amazing, because on every other calorie-restricted-maniacal-exercise program I had tried (and failed) to adhere to before, I would have probably lopped off a limb just to see weight-loss results. And I felt great during and after, too. But, what was even more astonishing was that I went off the rails during the holiday season that followed (Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Year's etc.) and when all was said and done, I had gained maybe 2 pounds back? On previous attempts at caloric restriction, I could gain that in a weekend just thinking about a piece of pizza--and nevermind how long it would take me to work it off in the first place!

Since getting my act back together in the new year, I'm down 10 more pounds and like you ladies, while I don't have a hard and fast goal weight, I do have a range and a pant size in mind. I have been 130 lbs before in my young adult life and was pretty happy there as a size 4-6. The reason I don't have my mind set on a super-specific goal either way right now is because since I was at that lowest weight, a lot of time has passed and I've even had a baby, so I'm not sure what my body is capable of at this point. Just experimenting to see what's possible and I, too, would like to be bikini-ready this summer.

Wow congrats! That's pretty much my story too. I lost 20lbs, then 10lbs for a total of 30lbs...then gain 10lb just now. I'm now getting my act back together and hopefully I'll be able to drop 10lbs too.

Today I feel good. I'm not craving food anymore. I feel full and satisfied. I'm getting Fat Adapted! Woohoo!

Stats: 173.5

Coffee with coconut oil
    4 eggs w sesame oil
    kimchee
    coconut cream cubes
    handful of macadamia nuts
    hunk of grassfed cheese
    macha green tea

Calories = 1475
    Protein = 60.9g, 16.31%
    Fat = 131g, 79.2%
    Carb = 16.7g, 4.48%
    Last edited by FreeBelle; 02-28-2013 at 08:42 AM.

I decided I'm not going to talk to people about the way I eat. I've figured this out a way back, but now that I'm back in the game, I've been accidentally let it slip that I'm back eating this way. I've been told I speak with convinction so that when I say something I sound really opinionated and like my way IS the only way.
    This baffles me. When I speak, I say what I'm doing. "I'm eating this way cuz it's awesome and it works for me." Not once do I ever try to convince them of eating this way. Not once do I criticize them for eating bread. I keep my mouth shut when someone comments they're eating healthy oatmeals. It's hard, but I've learned. Yet they still say I'm opinionated. Well DUH. We're all opinionated. If you're not going to speak your opinion with conviction, why have them?

But here's the kicker. What annoys me the most is the people who think themselves as healthy people. They work out, eat "healthy" (CW). The thing is, these people have never been fat. What they're doing (CW) works for them because, well, anything would work for them because they're not fat. So they've never been in a position where they were desperate enough to try everything. Or where it was worth their time to read everything about everything that involves nutrition or weight loss.
    If you have a disease, you're going to be more invested and active about learning everything you can about the disease and cure then someone who doesn't have it or know anyone who has it.

It's like, I have clear skin. So if a person who had very bad acne finds a way to clear it up AND it actually worked, why would I question that or criticize them for it...or think that their way is so wrong because i have clear skin and I don't do any of that. It would be like me saying to them. Well, all you have to do is not wear makeup and wash your face at night...that's what I do and I don't get zits. And then when they say they've tried that and it doesn't work for them and they proceeded to tell me what worked for them, me saying to them...well, not everything works for everyone. Well f'ing DUH! But I guarantee you if you had acne, THIS WOULD work for you!!!!! URGHHHH!!

Why do they always say that? As if they've tried it my way. They haven't because they don't need to.

OK all to say and remind myself not to tell people how I eat. I just don't give a sh*t anymore about other people's way of eating. And I don't care if they're unhealthy or die or fat or whatever. All i'm going to focus on is myself and what I'm doing for me. If someone asks me what I did to lose the weight and get fit, I'm just going to tell them to go to MDA. That's it. I'm not divulging anymore then that. Because if they really cared, they can do the damn research themselves and spend hours reading books and blogs...spend months trying and tweaking and experimenting. Because all I get for actually caring and trying to share is called a know it all and opnionated and unreasonable...well then stop asking me what I'm doing. I AM a f'ng know it all when it comes to this stuff because I f'ng spent hours and hours researching this stuff.

The people who try to argue with me when I share my experience...how many hours did you spend researching? How many books have you read? How many blogs have you visited? How many experiments have done? So on and so on....

Anyway so glad to have the MDA community and forum as an outlet. Silence to the rest.

Today's stats:

173.5 - no loss no gain.

Coffee with Coconut oil
    Matcha green tea
    1/2lb ground beef with lettuce
    1 avacado
    coconut cream cube
    grassfed cheese - 3oz

1485 Calories

Just got done working out and I still feel full from lunch.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    172.5 - Yay down 1lb for now...

Coffee with Coconut oil
    Matcha green tea
    1/2lb ground beef with lettuce
    1 avacado
    grassfed cheese

So far so good. I have a party to go to tonight though. I plan on not drinking anything and not eating anything. Unless there's meat and cheese. I can eat that. But honestly right now I'm not hungry at all. (6pm)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast