Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iceland ... what a blast! page 2

Azure is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It really is such a beautiful place. I was lucky to have lived there as a child, but wish I would have been a bit older so I could have experienced more.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Yum! Thanks for the splendid & delicious pics!

This is my fave video of all time: Inspired by Iceland

http://vimeo.com/12236680
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 02-25-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic! Iceland has long been on my short list of places to go next. Food looks awesome - I would so absolutely eat all of that. I spent a lot of time in the very rural German villages in my childhood, and if you are used to eating some of that, you are good to go in Iceland for the most part!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    All those meals- including your creations- look like works of art.
    Thank you for the compliment. The food we ate in Iceland was prepared by Chef Gústav Axel Gunnlaugsson of Sjavargrillid , a Chef who worked as part of his training at Aggi Sverrisson's London restaurant Texture. It was fantastic food.

My food ... well, it's just what I knock up in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Beautiful - thank you so much for sharing your experience! Everything looks so protein-y delicious!

Did you pickle the hb eggs in your dish in beet juice?
    You do get a lot of protein, be it the fish or the meat. Alas, much is served with muesli, barley, oats, that kind of thing. I was on holiday, so I took the experience as a whole, but back home ... it's my rules and the food I put together can leave those sorts of things out.

Yeah ... I'd finished a jar of pickled beetroot and thought it a shame to throw the remaining liquid away without doing something with it. In went a couple of eggs and topped up with water. Left for a few hours ... coloured eggs!

Calidris is offline Junior Member
    Icelands new range of ready meals have come on a long way since the last time I went in there! Not sure about whale or shag though. Shag must have been incredibly fishy tasting?

I'd love to go to Iceland (the country). They have gyr falcon, harlequin duck and Barrow's goldeneye (another duck) plus lots of wild areas where I bet no one has ever climbed. And the sea kayaking is meant to be fantastic too!

But you can keep Bjork!!!

... I like Bjork, so thank you ... I'll keep her.

Whale was very much like beef with a curious smoked flavour. Yes, shag was very fishy ... odd to eat meat that tasted like that.

Icelanders also do a "haggis" which is somewhere between Scots haggis and black pudding. I didn't get a chance to try any while I was there, though.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    I miss Iceland. I went there for a week in the summer as a kid, and I've always wanted to go back. Maybe spend a full year or so. We were lucky with the weather, but still - to anyone who want to go there, I say do it. It is incredibly beautiful. In the area where I was, they had these huge fields of blue lupin flowers, to bind the loose sand and make the soil easier to grow in for the grass - they grew on the mountains in such amounts that they looked almost like rivers. It was pretty magical.

Funnily, though.. food-wise, what I remember most were their ice cream. Their soft ice cream were the best I've ever tasted, even when I bought it from places where'd you expect it to be.. well... commercial.

Calidris is offline Junior Member
    [

Icelanders also do a "haggis" which is somewhere between Scots haggis and black pudding. I didn't get a chance to try any while I was there, though.[/QUOTE]

Just another excuse to go back pjgh - although I dont think places like Iceland need much of an excuse.

Absolutely! We're already saving for a summer holiday there, which was going to be a return to Estonia or Denmark, but we really fell for Iceland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12