Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: You call that a salad?! page 4

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    It's amazing to me that people won't just mind their business. I watch my co-workers eat plenty of unhealthy things, and I would never call their microwaved pizza/ fried takeout/ bakery explosion gross to their faces.

Like one of the other posters said, only take advice from people in better shape than you. Taking nutrition advice from people who constantly complain about feeling fat/ tired/ sick is like taking financial advice from people who constantly complain that they can't afford their credit card payments but keep buying stuff.
    This

It irritates me that some people think it's funny to constantly tease me about my food choices and call me a "hippy health nut" because it's supposedly all in good fun, but yet if I were to ever call people out on their typical American diet fare I'm sure I'd come off as being rude and judgmental.

Sigh. Oh well, I think the ones that do this secretly know I'm far healthier than they are anyway.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AyaPapaya View Post
    Omg, this cracked me up...

Should I sing a full round? Complete with "with an oink, oink here and an oink, oink there...?
    No. No. No... I was referring to the old McD's (fast food) slogan which was, "Have you had your break today?"

You sing it in the jingle tune that that was used in. You get a shot on their weight, you get a reference to the fact that they probably eat a ton of fast food, and you get a shot on the fact that they're giving advice about food when they probably haven't even weighed themselves in forever.

Zelli88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AyaPapaya View Post
    Just felt like sharing my annoyance. I know we all have situations like this.

I pulled my lunch from the fridge in the breakroom. Aaaah, good food. Happy.

I took off the lid and smiled down at my beautiful salad (maybe I love food a little TOO much).
    I should have taken a picture.

A bed of romaine and spinach, covered with chicken, bacon, egg, peppers, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, avacado, and my 'homemade healthy ranch'...with fork in hand, I was almost blissful. Blissful at work...now that's impressive.

...and then...

"You call that a salad? Look at all that fat! OMG, you have more toppings than lettuce!"

Blah.

When I do eventually snap, I want it to be good. I usually just say, "Yep, mmmm fat!" or "I love a salad with a personality," or something lame like that.

Possible one-liners I like (just for fun, I picture myself dropping a mic after saying these)
    - Why don't you get back to shoving those 100 calorie packs down your gullet?
    - I'm sorry, what was your weight again?
    - And how IS that Weight Watchers plan going for you?
    - ???

Note: I will never, ever use these. But it's fun to daydream about the reaction I would get.
    "Yea, well..I guess my salad and you have something in common then." XD

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelli88 View Post
    "Yea, well..I guess my salad and you have something in common then." XD
    Niiiiice.
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    [QUOTE=Drumroll;1108886]No. No. No... I was referring to the old McD's (fast food) slogan which was, "Have you had your break today?"QUOTE]

*facepalm*...ok, now I gotcha. I blame my 5 month old kid for this confusion - my life is nursery rhymes and songs right now.
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234