Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You call that a salad?! page 2

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    LOL...
    I'd steal your lunch and eat it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have never liked tofu either. Maybe in a sweet and sour soup, but then someone advised me to use egg whites instead, and it is much better actually than tofu. At least our conversation was cordial instead of criticizing food choices. Why people would do it, dunno.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Here's another: Yeah biatch, and I'll be dancing on your grave with lamb shank in one hand and bacon covered in dark chocolate and fleur de sel in the other.

Since the video won't show up here for some reason, here's the link: Meat Salad - Epic Meal Time - YouTube

If that doesn't work, go to youtube and search "meat salad" by epic mealtime. Not sure what's up with that.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-25-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My answer probably would've been "yeah, and?" and then watched them flounder.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

oxide is online now Senior Member
    "I eat my calories and nutrients at lunch, out in the open, rather than pretend to be healthy in public and then furtively snack on ice cream and cheez-its at night when no one's looking."
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The bizarre thing is that the word "salad" only recently became synonymous with "green leaves in a bowl served with purchased bottled dressing". In any old cookbook you would find dozens of "salads" containing meat, seafood, nuts, fruit, and cooked and raw vegetables.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I've noticed I shrug a lot and say "...OK..." lately. I'm far and away in better shape than anyone who's ever tried to criticize me eating piles of fat/protein, so I don't really care. Maybe if someone with nicer abs than me says something I'll pay more attention.

On the first day of my cruise two weeks ago, I had a big Cobb salad with full fat Italian dressing. The people at my table (didn't know any of them) seemed to be staring a bit at all the "fattening yet delicious" ingredients (I still have 75lbs to loose, they just didn't know I'd already been loosing weight on this WOE). At first I thought I should be prepared for a proper reply if someone said something, but my brain was just so happy eating this fabulous salad, I would probably have just given them the deer-in-the-headlights look if they'd said something about it.

Beets is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    "I eat my calories and nutrients at lunch, out in the open, rather than pretend to be healthy in public and then furtively snack on ice cream and cheez-its at night when no one's looking."
    Exactly.

Paleobird Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Perhaps, "How about you get your lunch out and I'll criticize it for you?" That should shut them up.
    This.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast