Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb Questions Thread page

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Dumb Questions Thread

Shop Now
    Everyone has a question on their mind right now that they want to ask, but they'd rather not risk getting flamed. Throw them up! No flaming.

The only one I can really think of, would be is one gram of glutamine a gram of protein? Ie if someone takes 2 grams of X amino acid (glutamine, tyrosine, ect...) is that 2 grams of protein?

I think the answer is yes because they are amino acids, but Im not positive haha.

Forgot to add, Try to answer someone else's question every time you post a question!
    Last edited by EGYnutrition; 04-29-2010 at 08:19 AM.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Why are people so rude and inflammatory of late?

Why do people eat walnuts regularly when they have a ton of PUFA?

What can I tell people when they say that a ketogenic diet harms brain health (via by-products or something)?

Anyone have any chicken heart recipes?!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

maba is offline Senior Member
    I seem to fall off the primal wagon on and off. How do I ensure that once I get on it, I stay on it???

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    If I'm not hungry or I IF a bit through the day, do I still need to consume .7-1g of protein for lean body mass? I find that some nights I'm not hungry but my protein intake is low (say, 60% of what I should consume daily) so I eat to up my protein. Do I need to do this?

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Maba- what's the common thread when you fall off the wagon? I'm literally finding myself afraid to boost my carbs above 50g because I'm concerned I'll go into a carb-craving mania.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    Why is my CF trainer so against Primal and pro-Paleo??? Paleo seems so restrictive to me!!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Tara tootie- You might get a kick out of the song "Class" from the movie musical Chicago.
    Why is the average person only wanting a quck fix for their weight, regardless of what else it does to their body (grapefruit diet, cauliflower diet, color diet)?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Tara:

Do you mean that you find people in general to be rude and inflammatory lately, or people on this board? If it's people in general I could wax philosophic about that one...

Again, if "people" is people in general, I imagine they eat walnuts regularly because they don't know about PUFAs and what they do. Actually the same could be said for some followers of the PB who read that walnuts are a good source of Omega-3s and that nuts are good for you and stop there.

The human brain developed to its current incredible capacity under the influence of at least sporadic ketosis, if we make the assumption that ancient African Grok wasn't eating a ton of fruit every day. Give the doubters an outline of Grok's diet, carbohydrate intake, an approximate upper limit of carb intake for ketosis to occur, and let them do the math.

Maba:

You cannot ensure that you don't fall off the wagon. All you can do is stop yourself from buying junk. Sometimes you will indulge at a party or whatever. It happens, and it doesn't make much difference in the long run.

Meggilizz:

To be a CF trainer, I imagine you have to have a mindset just as extreme as the workouts you have to complete and ensure your students perform well at.
    Last edited by Grumpycakes; 04-29-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    PC RE: rudeness... I mean people HERE. Eh oh well I cant really do much about that.

RE: Walnuts... also here. I mean they are yummy, and way better than twinkies.

RE: Brains and such... THAT makes sense to me but when people cite their professors and tell me about a study that shows the same, I come up empty.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I may be rude but I assure you all that my systemic inflammation is minimal these days. Ha!
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast