Thread: Rich Food, Poor Food page

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member

Rich Food, Poor Food

Primal Fuel
    I am surprised we do not have a discussion going on this new release.

I got my copy over the weekend and have gotten about half way through it.

It's a light read and, while largely not new information for us here, is fairly informative. I do like how it spotlights specific brands and products and gives you pros/cons. It gives a functional feel for what I'm supposed to be looking for in real food products. I even recognized a few!

M.

akm3 is offline Member
    I found this book good and helpful. I'm somewhat disappointed the book frequently directs you to their website without mentioning that to access the items the book is telling you about requires a paid membership.

Even then, I forgive this as the info is great.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I just got it. I don't think I realized what it was. But I'll read it, it might be helpful. I almost never buy anything packaged anyway.

Huh, popular thread

I hadn't checked their site; shelved the book after I was done and I haven't picked it back up since. I am noticing from the "Naked Disappointment" thread that they do seem to have a habit of leaving out bits of info - in this case, needing a paid membership, in the other thread's case, that they plug their own products without telling you so.

M.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    I just got it. I don't think I realized what it was. But I'll read it, it might be helpful. I almost never buy anything packaged anyway.
    I've finished it. Really it's a shopping guide, something you should take to the grocery store with you, and it includes detailed supporting information. I think it is worthwhile having and very well presented. I haven't been to their site yet but I hope I find a list of Rich Foods to buy that will be easier to carry with me.

They mentioned they had the Dirty Dozen / Clean Fifteen thing set up as a wallet sized card, so that's a start.

M.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't too impressed with this book. It was like preaching to the choir. Basic Primal/Paleo stuff, avoid additives and processed foods, rich foods are natural and healthy for you while poor foods are processed and unnatural. There was nothing that grabbed me or made me thing about things in a new way. Well, that's not totally true...I've been adding Tumeric to my eggs almost everyday after reading their spice section.

Clearly the authors are trying to stake out their own little Paleo claim and get their piece of the Paleo pie, nothing wrong with that, but the Primal Blueprint books, Rob Wolf's book, and It Starts With Food are far better IMO.

Yeah, I thumbed through it again last night and thought to myself that I really didn't walk away with anything -new-. That said, it might prove useful as a give-away to introduce others, without handing them The Primal Blueprint. More pictures.

M.

mikewootini is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I just picked up this book. woohoo!
    -mikewootini
    ==================================================
    While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
    twitter feed * Wootini Gallery