Thread: Learning to chill (Paleofan) page

Paleofan is offline Senior Member

Smile Learning to chill (Paleofan)

Shop Now
    Life is calm right now, so I am taking the time to journal.

I have been low carb for 2 years now. Focused on paleo for much of it, but am backing off on those guidelines a bit. I get the biggest bang for the buck from low carb whole foods, but dialing it in too tight with pure paleo is stressful.

Recently have been doing EMF (eat more fat). Feel amazing with it! Takes away any last remaining cravings. Luv it!

At 50 years old, I am happy with my body. Could try to lose a bit more fat, but why? I have a bit of curves, and I like that look (so does hubby). So, the only two people that get a vote here agree. Yeah! Did you ever notice that thin old people continue to get thinner and unhealthy looking?

Anyway. New short term goals: stop using the scale. Maybe once per week to stay in check. Eat more fat, but cut back a bit on all the added liquid fat I added. Continue to sprint and lift heavy things. 2x per week each. That's it. Low key, easy goals.

Peace.

So this is my semi-annual journal post, lol, was suppose to be daily! Anyway, I successfully freed myself of the scale. Only weigh myself one a week, and just keep an eye on my measurements. Letting go a bit of the scale and food choices has resulted in zero weight gain and less stress.
    So now? Kicking it up a notch for at least a few weeks. Continuing with LHT 2 X per week. Sprints 1X per week, and many walks. Cutting more out restaurant foods and added drinks to see how I fare. Feel like I want to take off a couple of inches of belly. Then back to maintaining.

Today: eggs, bacon, salad with bacon and avacado, berries and cream, Mediterranean chicken, cream cheese cupcakes. Maybe walking or LHT.

Today is day 9 and I am pleased, super pleased with the results of kicking it up a notch. Eating 90% primal. Lower carb, but have some potatoes, ice cream and chocolate. Not every day, but reasonable portions many days. Otherwise the usual eggs, bacon, veges, meats. Down 3 lbs, and 1 belly inch! What I have changed the most is I stopped social eating and drinking on the weekend, which is sometimes 3-4 days long this time of year. I basically kept things constant. I am motivated to continue!