Thread: Michael's Primal Travel - From SAD to GLAD! page

TheFacilitiesGuy is offline Junior Member

Michael's Primal Travel - From SAD to GLAD!

Primal Fuel
    Alright so im going to try and use this as some where to dump how im doing, and how my progress is going. A little about me and what i have been going through. First off my name is Michael Bryant im 25 6ft1 and weigh in at 260 (though when i look at other people at 260 i dont look like that). I have of course got sucked into doing the typical thing we all do and hit the gym super hard 5 days a week and grind out what i can all the time. This past summer i kept doing the grind of running 5-10 miles a day and hitting 2 different classes at the YMCA some days i felt good but most i felt burnt out and wasnt enjoying myself very much at all. The only thing keeping me going with that was all the mud runs i do (the hardest being tough mudder here in WA). So when the season of mud runs died my drive for the grind was not there anymore. I have recently in the last 3 months taken up a new hobby of playing soccer (which is a blast). This is where i had a friend hand me the primal blueprint and said i would benefit greatly from it.

So i think he is right. I purchased the 21 day challenge as well and i have taken it up as a challenge. I think its fun that vibrams are a big thing here because i have been the odd ball for about 2 years now (i wear them every day everywhere). Yesterday was a hard day because it was "the purge" as my girlfriend was calling it. It felt like everything that was good was going in the garbage. Then off to trader joes and stocked up on lots of green beans, bell peppers, onions, kale, lettuce, spinach, leeks, cucumber, some meats. Also grabbed some spices to try and make up some good eats.

I think the hardest (and best for me) is going to be cooking breakfast (before work which starts at 7am), and cooking dinner (after work i just want to eat quick and relax). Some of the easy stuff for me is moving a lot (im a facilities guy we move all day) though i will be using a bike/eliptacle we have here at lunch times for 10 minutes or so. Question though on the sprints. i play soccer every Sunday (soon to be wed/sun), and i sprint a LOT would this count as a sprint work out (i probably sprint more then a work out)? I will also be hitting the YMCA with my carpool monday - Thursday which wil make the being active a lot easier. The hard part will be telling my group "no im not doing that" because they are the grind it out until you want to die .

I havnt found the best source yet for my organic meats but im still looking around here in my area. Hopefully i will find something soon.

Ill be posting my 21 day challenge stuff on here also to keep me honest as well as what food im stuffing in my mouth. Feel free to throw me pointers or hit me with "dont do that"s. I cant fix anything if i dont know im doing something wrong.

Day 1 of 21.

Kitchen Purge
    Hardest part - Throwing away food i enjoy.
    Best part - Looking at new foods.

Restock prep - Ill be using Trader joes.

Incresing my daily movement isnt to hard. My job has me walking all day so what i changed was not using the elevator so much, and ill be using a bike machine at lunch times here at work.

Daily energy - 6
    Hunger - 9
    Satisfaction with meals - 7
    Struggle with primal - Tempting foods all around me.
    Benefit of primal - bacon
    Daily highlight - breakfast was very good that early.
    Daily need to improve - lunches are a bit dull.

Been keeping up really well on eating well. Making good meals (girlfriend is even enjoying them!). Ill update all of my 21 day info tomorrow. work has been killing me lately.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Michael. Welcome.

I think the soccer sprints are fine.

Eventually, you will be able to fast in the morning if you want. It has helped me lose a lot of fat. I normally fast in am except for a few nuts and cream in my coffee. Often I have bacon and eggs for lunch. For dinner, I nearly always have carbs, e.g. (gasp) potatoes, corn tortillas, sweet potatoes, white rice. (All organic) But I have been doing this for about 3 years.

Good luck!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

I have heard some stuff on fasting until lunch. I usually have green tea with nothing in it or a tad of honey. Is this something i should adopt into what im doing as well? i have had some amazing results in the first week. Got over the soda headaches (was brutal).

!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well i have officially been primal for 2 weeks. My Girlfriend and I have had some good meals, some interesting meals, and a couple oops meals (sweet potato chips were more soggy flops lol).

My energy is going up. The weight is dropping like CRAZY! (went from 263 to 248). Its amazing because i have done a diet before..... this doesnt feel like it at all because i eat so much yummy food (who can beat BACON!).

Few questions though. I want to play soccer twice a week instead of one. Is this going to hurt me in any way? Another is i am experiencing moments where im not really hungry. like ill eat lunch at work (usually some sauteed turkey, bacon w/cheese on it and a salad on the side (little bit of ranch or olive oil and pepper). is this a normal thing you will al experience?

Thanks a lot guys this primal life is AMAZING!