Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to get it right!!! page

Pam916 is offline Member

Time to get it right!!!

Primal Fuel
    I am a 47 year old mother of three that is getting married in 5 months and 6 days (not that I am counting).

I workout and eat fairly healthy although I love my beer, wings and nachos. Over the past year due to chronic back issues and well, being happy, I have gained what I like to call the fiance' 15. I was always 10 pounds away from my perceived goal. I say perceived because I haven't been that weight in a very long time, I am very critical of the way I look and honestly, I won't know until I get there if it is where I want to be. I have lots of aches and pains, gastroesophageal relux and chronic cough after I eat and this is after I eat ANYTHING. An apple, carrot stick - all foods cause this to happen.

I have been working out and dieting diligently since January 1 and had lost .4 pounds..... that is right -POINT FOUR!!! Out of frustration I started doing google searches. I realized age was a factor as far as changes with hormone levels, but seriously - .4?! I am not a novice at the gym or in the weight loss arena. I stumbled upon BP and when I started reading about it I was intrigued. I was MORE intrigued by the health claims then the weight loss. The thought of waking up without hurting and having digestive issues under control would be amazing to me. The thought of sleeping is exciting too. I don't - hardly ever. I wake up all night with pain. I cannot recall the last time that I have slept through the night without medication. I HATE taking meds to sleep so I don't unless I am in a really bad place emotionally from fatigue. I get medication hangover very easily - even with the natural supplements. Sleep to me is something I gave up on a long time ago - but if I can figure it out - OH MY GOODNESS - NIRVANA!!!!

I started last Monday - February 18 - half-assed. I didn't have the book. I HAD lost an additional 1.4 pounds the week prior - and have lost 2 more by simply following the BP and not even to the letter. I have ordered and received and am reading the book. What I have noticed is that the belly bloat that never goes away is nearly gone....the three babies I had did their damage and only surgery will fix that - but that I don't mind. I am regular - TMI - yes...but for me, this has been a lifelong issue and it isn't - THAT amazes me!!!!

My fiance is a meat eater and is so excited!! I am not a vegetarian, but not a huge fan of red meat. BUT, I am going to try new things and since he does most of the cooking, he is over the moon to cook something other than chicken! He is very supportive of my fitness and weight loss goals. He has joined my gym and is also doing PB with me. Even my 18 year old daughter texted me this morning and said - ok, what can I have for lunch?

I am suffering from fatigue this morning, but feel confident it is a temporary thing and am just SO excited about all of this. It just makes sense to me. I can do 80/20 no problem!!! I am going to be one hot bride come August - however, I need to be that hot bride by June for the dress fitting!

I am so happy I found the book and this website. I can feel the tides turning!!!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Hi Pam! Congrats on the upcoming nuptials.

You sound like you're doing a lot of things right! Definitely get the book, it's very motivating and nice to have on hand for a quick read any time. All of my aches and pains and gastro issues disappeared after I stopped eating flour and sugar, I hope the same holds true for you. I've lost 14 lbs since Jan. 2 by eating primally, working out 6 days a week, and yes, counting calories. For me that's the holy trinity that works. I'm female and in my 50s. You'll find what works for you too!

Please take hot bride dress photo pics in June

Pam916 is offline Member
    I am not a fan of taking any photos of me, but am hoping that has changed by the big day!

Congrats on the weight loss. Did you have "carb flu" at all? I am struggling today. I feel like I did in the first trimester of pregnancy! I cannot recall being this foggy and tired even without sleeping!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Yes I had it! I think it was partially carb flu and also transitioning from being a sugar burner to being a fat burner. I felt really groggy and weak for a few days and then....felt amazing. I've felt amazing for over a month. I used to be a hardcore napper and I've only had one nap since becoming primal, and it was because I was up all night pumping water out of our basement

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Pam-

You may find your GERD resolves with Primal. My GERD of 9 years was being caused by Dairy, which was ironic since when I'd have a heartburn flare I'd go get a big "cooling" glass of milk. I did an elimination diet and found out I was allergic to dairy and once I eliminated dairy my GERD completely resolved. I don't even take Tums anymore, let alone the PPI's I was on for years.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Pam916 is offline Member
    EagelRiverDee - thank you for commenting! Sadly - my issues are self induced. Mine is a physical issue. I have had reflux so badly for so long that I have permanently damanged my esophagus. I do much better now, but the damage is done. I have scar tissue and nodes and every single time I get a cold, I lose my voice. I am some what of a hard head and it took me a long time to stop swigging maalox from my headboard at night. I changed jobs (lowered stress) and drastically changed my eating habits. The biggest damage came from diet pills. I do not have issues with dairy. I had issues stress and self-image. A little older and a lot wiser now and am doing things the right way. I don't suffer from acid reflux much anymore thankfully.

Pam916 is offline Member
    Officially in the middle of week two and while I still have mild carb flu, otherwise things have been peachy.
    Last night after eating a bowl of chili and a salad, my stomach felt uncomfortably full. I am not sure why - and the feeling has not left me yet. Yesterday was the first day since starting that I have actually felt hungry and then after I ate felt full and bloated.

I started volunteering with a program yesterday called Girls on The Run; however, we did not run because it was raining outside - so no workout for me. Tonight I will do an extended workout because and am hoping this helps how I am feeling. I did eat breakfast, but will fast through lunch, have a pear and string cheese as a snack before the gym and according to how I feel a protein shake afterwards. If still feeling bloated I will fast again until breakfast tomorrow. Wish me luck!!!

Pam916 is offline Member
    I have been doing pretty good and fell off the wagon HARD this weekend!!! EVEN had fast food. I feel disgusting today and instantly have that pregnancy pooch. I am actually glad that I feel like this and have the bloating. It is like a smack on the forhead. Ah well, live and learn. Today I have fasted and will have a grilled pork tenderloin and veggies for dinner. Hitting the gym straight from work for a heavy leg day. All will be right with the world (and my bloated tummy) in a few days.

On another note - I have not weighed myself and do not intend to until this Friday. That will be two weeks since last weigh in. I am trying SO very hard to just focus on my workouts and being healthy. Obviously that wasn't the focus this past weekend; however, in general it has been. It is always in the back of my mind, but being pushed further back every day.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam916 View Post
    On another note - I have not weighed myself and do not intend to until this Friday.
    That is great news. Most of the 'effortless weight loss' that people experience early in the diet is actually just water weight (the same pounds you can put on overnight). Don't worry about that stuff.

I think that a much better measure of health for you will be things like Waist size and body fat %. Since who cares if you look more shapely by putting some muscle on, right? What matters is reducing surplus fat deposits.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Pam916 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    That is great news. Most of the 'effortless weight loss' that people experience early in the diet is actually just water weight (the same pounds you can put on overnight). Don't worry about that stuff.

I think that a much better measure of health for you will be things like Waist size and body fat %. Since who cares if you look more shapely by putting some muscle on, right? What matters is reducing surplus fat deposits.
    I agree. I am working on my very unhealthy body image and I love muscles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast