Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow, you must eat a repetitive diet! Sounds boring! page 2

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Obviously a paleo diet is more restrictive than a normal diet, but it is not restrictive at all. You must be eating an incredibly small range of foods if you could ever find meat, eggs, seafood, vegetables and fruit boring.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Why not offer to cook him a meal and really go to town? Once he tastes for himself how delicious the food is and feels how satisfying it is then perhaps he'll change his mind.

Otherwise, it's his funeral!

June68 is offline Senior Member
    tenets are guidelines, prinicples or rules
    tenants occupy buildings

and I'd just say fine, go on poisoning yourself and be done with it. If only bad diets worked faster. I often say the same about smoking.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for sharing that Facebook page...AMAZING. I need to push myself out of the "plain slab of meat/fish/fowl and two sides of veggies" rut I am in.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    tenets are guidelines, prinicples or rules
    tenants occupy buildings
    Thanks. That was bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    and I'd just say fine, go on poisoning yourself and be done with it. If only bad diets worked faster.
    Brutal. I like it.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Long ago I realized that almost everything I ate could be described as bread, cheese and tomatoes. Burritos: flour tortilla (bread), cheese, salsa (tomatoes) and beans. Pizza: crust (bread), tomato sauce, cheese. Spaghetti: pasta (bread), tomato sauce, paremsan cheese. So I swore off bread cheese and tomatoes and suddenly was eating way more variety.

Friday dinner: fillet mignon, potatoes and spinach, quail, smoked salmon and fennel, wine. Would anybody rather have pizza or burritos?

Anyway, you can't argue with people who disagree on the basis of "variety." The only thing you can do is maybe cook for them one night.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I look for excitement and satisfaction in other aspects of my life which makes me much happier than when I was chasing the high from a highly palatable meal.

Eating is something that humans must do for survival; it shouldn't be 'fun' or 'satisfying' or 'exciting'. Looking for emotional fulfillment from food, in my opinion, is dangerous. Food is not a friend. It doesn't have a personality, therefore thinking of it as being 'boring' is personifying it in a really unhealthy way.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    send that idiot to chowstalker
    came here to say this

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Long ago I realized that almost everything I ate could be described as bread, cheese and tomatoes. Burritos: flour tortilla (bread), cheese, salsa (tomatoes) and beans. Pizza: crust (bread), tomato sauce, cheese. Spaghetti: pasta (bread), tomato sauce, paremsan cheese. So I swore off bread cheese and tomatoes and suddenly was eating way more variety.

Friday dinner: fillet mignon, potatoes and spinach, quail, smoked salmon and fennel, wine. Would anybody rather have pizza or burritos?

Anyway, you can't argue with people who disagree on the basis of "variety." The only thing you can do is maybe cook for them one night.
    A-freaking-men.

I get a frustration headache when folks at work act like I'm starving myself by not chomping down on a bagel on Friday mornings with them, or when I get my burger without a bun. Some have told me that "all of that protein must get old fast!" Then I think about what they eat - bagel and cream cheese for breakfast... sandwich for lunch... pasta for dinner... and I think to myself, "You're the one with the boring diet!"

The things I used to eat way back when weren't much different: pop tarts for breakfast, huge sandwich for lunch, pizza for dinner. At least 350 grams of carbs per day, making up at least 60% of my Calories. Ridiculous and totally boring and flavorless!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

LerxstFan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I'm not sure how being able to eat damn near every animal and plant on earth is boring, but whatever. I do tend to eat sort of repetitively, but that's not for lack of options--I just think eggs, bacon, steak, and veggies is phenomenal. I eat a ton of other stuff on a rotating basis, but man are my staples delicious...
    Great points! I feel I have way more options now than when I was eating a SAD diet, not to mention all the health benefits that go with the change.
    "These amps go to 11..." Nigel Tufnel, Spinal Tap

SW: 225
    CW: 177
    GW: 170
    M/43/6'

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast