Thread: soo sick.. page

jermicide is offline Member

soo sick..

Primal Fuel
    ok, i go out to eat with my in-laws tonight (a rare occasion) and think, ok, i'll have some tortillas, 80%, right?

came home so sick, ended up puking then dry heaving for a good 10 min.. 80% might not work for me... i might be closer to 100% just to keep from getting sick!!!!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I'm at about 99% myself. Refined grains, blarg. It's the nutritional equivalent of cardboard.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    oh you poor thing, how horrible! I've not been primal long enough to have that sort of issue yet, but I'm already kinda worrying about the 'do' I have to go to tomorrow night - I don't want to come across as a Diet Nazi or Wowser but I don't want to undo all my work.

I had no idea just how integral grains and sugars were to our diet until I started trying to live without them.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I ate a couple Naan today... and I am so tired from the crash i could barely hold my head up!!!
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

MmmFat is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear! I hope you're feeling better now that all the bad stuff is out (and then some). The fear of digestive distress keeps me from eating a lot of things I think about trying to squeeze into that 20%.

PrimalPeg is offline Member
    I think I'm not going to be able to do 80% either. Since going Primal I've discovered that grains are triggering excruciating, week-long migraines. So it'll be 99% for me, out of fear... my son says this is a good thing.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I still eat a kebab when in a hurry and the sauce+wrap give me digestive issues. I need to find a drive through that does grass fed steak.

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    When I first started PB, I decided I would have a cheat meal so the transition would be so bad. I had one piece of French bread at a restaurant, and I swear the next day I had the flu (not really, but sure felt like it!).

Once you cut out grains for a while, your body will not be happy when you go back

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    agreed tara! i had some naan when i went to an indian restaurant with some friends and i needed a nap an hour later. i probably should just stick with the tandori chicken and curried lamb dishes
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

dakini is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not even 100% primal yet and I still find that if I eat processed foods or white bread, it does not agree with me. Both digestively and energy wise. to me it's amazing how much better I feel when I'm eating primally and how fast my system is adapting.