Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Former anoretic having issues starting primal page 2

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It is so easy to get caught up and obsessive in counting, especially for those of us with a history of ED.

One thing I want to make clear, especially since you don't need to lose weight, is that primal and paleo are not inherently low carb. Low carb is primarily a weight loss tool. There is no reason for you not to eat potatoes and fruit and veggies to the tune of 200g of carbs a day if that's what makes you feel like your body is operating optimally. Some people do better with low carb, some better with high - do what works best for your body!!

Cut out grains (primarily wheat) and processed sugars, don't cut out carbs!

Megatron is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS on beating anorexia and bulimia, and welcome to being a grokstar!

I second everyone is recommending that you try to let go of counting- well, let me put it this way: I too automatically count, but I try to remind myself that the numbers don't matter. They are meaningless. What matters is that I am nourishing myself, body and soul, and the food I eat is delicious and nourishing. I repeat "nourishing" because "healthy" has come to mean "low calorie", and that's a very narrow focus.

There are so many delicious Primal recipes out here- I'm eating bacon and mixed veggies right now and it is sooooo good for such a simple meal! I've done a lot of work around fat and body image and all that hooey and with all the nonsense out there floating around, I'm just grateful to be able to enjoy a good meal- that's just one of the reasons I love the Primal Blueprint.

Anyway, I didn't mean to preach to the choir. I just wanted to say welcome and good luck, and I'm pulling for you!
    <3

Thanks. It would be a nice thing to shut off, the counting of everything that goes into your mouth, right? One day, you know.
    Cut out grains (primarily wheat) and processed sugars, don't cut out carbs!
    I think this is where I went wrong. I might just eat more carbs for a bit and see how it goes. I've been eating about 150 every day of the weekend and I did feel better.

Thanks you all!!!

CradlingaLion is offline Member
    I totally agree. You don't think Grok would eat SO many carbs if he had them? Fruit fruit fruit!!

Especially if you're feeling down or low. Carbs do give you pizzazz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12