Thread: Carb cycling questions page

aimlow is offline Senior Member

Carb cycling questions

Primal Fuel
    I am female, at a healthy weight but would like to lean out a bit. I do body weight workouts and some interval workouts. Recently have dropped carbs/cals some to try to drop fat, but feel a little weak.
    I've heard a lot about carb cycling. Is it only for body builders? Can this work for someone like me? If so, I'm hoping someone educated can provide some guidelines. Everything I seem to find via google pertains to body builders.
    Should I "carb load" two meals a week? Two full days a week?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    You might consider the Leangains approach. Lots of good info on the web site. Although I am oversimplifying, it is restricted eating window with heavy lifting a few days a week while cycling calories and carbs up on workout days. More to it than that, but that is the gist. My goals are similar to yours. I am finding that I need to adjust something to below 12% BF (male).

Either being more careful about calories, timing, and macro ratios, or perhaps lifting harder and more consistently, or perhaps caring more about the goal.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You don't need to do leangains.
    Consume most of your carbs around your workouts, especially afterwards, and limit them at other meals.