Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The side affects of being obese no-one talks about page 4

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Well that was easy.
    ZB is this the stuff? Beeswax Shop
    Yes, you use that. Look up "lotion bar recipes" on the internet. They're lovely, lotion bars.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i wear yoga leggings plus tank top plus dress or skirt/top every day. It's great.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I can't imagine coconut oil helping. I use it as a body moisturizer and honestly, it dries down pretty stickily sometimes, which is good as far as moisturizing goes but not so good when your skin is chafing, I imagine.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    My solution to that is to wear leggings under everything! My go-to normal every day look is a casual dress with leggings. If the dress is above the knee it can look really cute with leggings. Then you rock cute shoes or boots and you look pulled together. Plus no chafing, plus they absorb moisture. I love 'em. I have 17 pairs of leggings in a bunch of neutrals - grays, beiges, browns, black. Since going primal in October I've thrown out a bunch and have sent a bunch off to the charity shop near me and have bought new, smaller sizes, but I still have 17 pairs that fit me. Go to Old Navy. 100% cotton leggings for under $20.00. Be comfy. Seriously, even in the summer you can do leggings under dresses. The cotton ones will wick moisture away from anything that chafes.
    I agree with this. I used to dread summer -wearing pants and trying to find floaty tops to hide belly, but not looking to dowdy or hot. Not being able to wear dresses esp with chaffing, and need to cover arms. This summer I decided to splurge on camilla kaftans, with leggings and cute ballet shoes. Mega comfy, stylish and solves arm exposure and leg chafing problem. Much nicer summer. Wish I could wear them at work!

whitegirlinasia is offline Junior Member
    I wear leggings under my pants in the winter because I get so cold anyway. I third leggings. They're great for all seasons. I bet tights would work well too, or any sort of spandex shorts that would be tight enough to fit under your pants.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Chafing seems to be a huge issue for long distance hikers, especially male. They recommend Body Glide. I guess they get chafing in their naughty bits plus some people get chafing between the butt cheeks. There's also Anti-monkey Butt powder. I used that on my feet. It's very nice. Anyway, I could never understand how your butt cheeks could chafe. Mine don't even move when I walk. Maybe that's a benefit of being overweight? Stationary butt cheeks?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    chafing seems to be a huge issue for long distance hikers, especially male. They recommend body glide. I guess they get chafing in their naughty bits plus some people get chafing between the butt cheeks. There's also anti-monkey butt powder. I used that on my feet. It's very nice. Anyway, i could never understand how your butt cheeks could chafe. Mine don't even move when i walk. Maybe that's a benefit of being overweight? Stationary butt cheeks?
    lol

lauraagnes is offline Junior Member
    I'm with the leggings/bike shorts train here. I started wearing bike shorts under everything because a) I ride a men's bike and b) I refuse to let riding everywhere stop me wearing dresses/skirts/'pretty' clothes. Except then I realised that wearing bike shorts stopped the chaffing problem I had once I got off my bike (my strong bike ridin' thighs is a fair pay off for chafing) so now I wear then pretty much all the time even on non riding days. Anyone seem Arrested Development?.... I'm pretty much a 'never nude'...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234