Thread: The side affects of being obese no-one talks about page 2

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well that was easy.
    ZB is this the stuff? Beeswax Shop

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    So you used to run a lot? I miss it.
    I plan to get back into it more eventually, can only do short runs at the moment sadly.
    yea I had the whole half marathon thing going on - but I keep going over on my ankle !!!!!
    If you start your running slow - run a lamp post/ walk a lamp post....... you will find that one day you will run two/ walk one........ then three/one
    and so on and so forth until you are running 60 minutes non-stop. It doesn't pay to increase it too quickly, but really listen to your body Ayla. This is actually something that we seem to do the more we eat this way, so I need to plan and implement a new goal - ie half marathon etc... I am really keen to do the molesworth 84 km, but I would have some serious training to do before then.
    Lisa Tamati s book is interesting reading, as is Dean Karnazes. Really good reads. Very inspirational.
    Anyway Ayla - if you are keen on getting back into running email me. I have all sorts of good tips !!!!
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Ayla you deserve to feel and look good no matter what size you are. Treat yourself to a new pair of pants
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Monistat makes a silicone chafing powder, it's smooth and silky, and as a bonus, you can use it on your face as makeup primer too. It's better than most makeup primers out there lol. I get mine for a few bucks at Walmart.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    G last time I did take it slow when i started. I did the couch to 5km program so it was nice and slow.
    You are prob right sandra

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, buy a new pair of pants.

And yes, there are all sorts of chafing solutions. Body Glide works well. Don't let chafing stop you! And it happens to everyone.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Commercial products are available for that too. I have no personal experience to offer since I've never used them (or anything) but petro jelly seems like it would be sticky/messy. Maybe they all are, I don't know.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Whatabout wearing compression shorts? That's what I wear under skirts to make them more comfortable. Might last longer than new pantsas you continue to lose.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    My thighs used to rub all the time when I was a child. I remember being so embarrassed, cause all my pants would wear out and get large holes on both sides. The weird thing was that I have never been that overweight. Maybe 15 - 20 lbs.
    Then as an adult I've been from 20 to 40 lbs overweight at times and even more with my pregnancy. Never had any chafing. Weird.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Body Glide is great and so is 2Toms Sport Shield. I've use both to help prevent blisters when I've had to do some distance walking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast