Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of all the naysayers? page

the_walrus0 is offline Member

What do you guys think of all the naysayers?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I google things about the Primal Blueprint all the time as I'm working my way through different questions and issues, and it's inevitable that I find a search result where someone, or a group of someones, are talking about how PB is madness.

I personally am using my own experience to figure out if it's best for me. I say, to each their own, but I personally am not very scientific. I appreciate science, definitely, but I picked PB because I've always believed we eat too much crap. I've also always believe sugar is just horrible for us.

The thing is, I can't see why anyone would argue that eating less sugar and less bread is really that bad of an idea. Maybe they still think red meat is evil and grains are heart healthy...but I'll bet they wouldn't complain to someone who's allergic to gluten that they 'need heart healthy grains'. They'd accept it. That person has a problem when they eat grains. I have a problem when I eat grains. Maybe not an outright allergic reaction but I definitely don't do well with them...

I guess I want to know why you guys all continue PB. Results? Science? Going against the grain? Genuine enjoyment achieved when eating this way? I personally love the food I'm eating right now, and for the first time in my adult life I'm not binging every weekend. I am consistently eating between a 500 calorie deficit and maintenance without really trying, which is absolutely astonishing to me...

I think I'm just curious about why everyone else stuck around.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Not my choice. Celiac with an allergy to mold and yeast (including corn, it's pretty much all moldy). Mild reactive hypoglycemia (pre-diabetes) is just icing on the cake. Paleo recipe sites are the easiest way to find recipes I can actually use.

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    I wish they made a gizmo that could record every nuance of how we feel when begin the primal blueprint so that when we become doubtful we could just stick our finger in it and feel exactly like that just for a little while.
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    I stick around because my results are excellent. The science backs up my experience as well IMO.

I don't mind naysayers at all, I believe we are all different and results may vary. I don't have much use for those naysayers who try and argue peoples experiences here though. If what you're doing is working for you - all the power to ya.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
    I wish they made a gizmo that could record every nuance of how we feel when begin the primal blueprint so that when we become doubtful we could just stick our finger in it and feel exactly like that just for a little while.
    Great idea... patent that . Of course after the honeymoon wears off feeling great is just the new normal. You forget that wow factor from the beginning, and begin to wonder why you are avoiding all the crap out there. It can be a slippery slope.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i continue because i can't have butter and crispy chicken skin with 'clean eating'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    In real life, I don't really know any naysayers. They may not follow PB, but they get that it's just about getting rid of the crap. A friend calls it "not eating the dust," with the dust being grains and added sugar. I don't really know a lot of people right now that eat out a lot or eat a lot of prepared foods, but that might be because a lot of people in this city work in hospitality and they know what goes on in the lesser kitchens of some eateries.

Some people still don't really believe there's that much difference between factory meats and healthy ones, but they do get the difference between organic produce and conventionally grown. Also, here in the south, a lot of folks never gave up using lard and those types of "unhealthy" products to begin with. Now if we can just get them to ditch the grits, the south might rise again.

I think if someone tried to convince me of how healthy grains were, I'd just say, "moo," and move on.

Eat lost of plants, animals, and bugs and avoid poisons. What can be unhealthy about that? Naysayers are goofy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_walrus0 View Post
    I guess I want to know why you guys all continue PB.

I think I'm just curious about why everyone else stuck around.
    I continue PB because it works for me and I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks, especially naysayers on the Internet.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I continue PB because it works for me and I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks, especially naysayers on the Internet.
    Well said.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i'm pretty much where texas.grok is.

i'm not really worried about what anyone else thinks about anything.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast