Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of all the naysayers? page 5

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I live Primally b/c it makes sense to me. I love the fact that there is scientific evidence to back it up but ultimately for me it comes down to just feeling good and seeing results. I've never really had a weight issue but I do occasionally have a laziness issue but this lifestyle gives me consistent energy, focus and a pretty positive attitude so I stick with it. It doesn't take a scientist to figure out that eating fast food isn't good for you or that drinking a soda that has that has the ability to eat through a pound of steak and a mattress in less than 12 hours is probably something I shouldn't injest on a regular basis.

To those who don't follow it, oh well. We each find our own path and walk it for our own reasons. Those who just fall in line with whatever everyone else does do so for comfort and not the idea of never being challenged.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    I do this for me..other peoples opinion is not an issue. let them be. The evidence that this works is very clear.
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CradlingaLion View Post
    This.

If you break down and eat some Keebler shortbread or Chips Ahoy cookies during a weak moment, you'll realize that they're not delicious at all, even if you're starving.
    Despite that fact I love being Primal I still love shortbread cookies and Chips Ahoy. They're delicisous but only on certain occasions.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

CradlingaLion is offline Member
    I still love shortbread cookies and Chips Ahoy
    But what if you had homemade pecan shortbread and chocolate chip cookies? SO MUCH tastier. If you are really feeling into it, you can use primal-slanted ingredients to take the inflammation edge off of the glutens.

Diechipmunk is offline Junior Member
    Glad to hear you no longer need Singulair. The stuff pretty much saved my life a few years ago. I couldn't sleep, I was on antibiotics 10-12 times a year for sinus infections. However, even before I heard of PB, I hated being on maintenance drugs, and I'm aware that Singulair does make me more moody and irritable. I've quit it before and the sinus issues immediately resume.

I'm hoping PB will help. I'm thinking the world is stacked against Primal, but I've been doing OK for three weeks, and not streeig about a few small lapses. So far so good.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The dietary restrictions prescribed by Primal did not work for me, so I am not following them. I don't believe into anything that 'science' have to say on nutrition. But I am on board of the idea of eating real food, I think the approach to fitness is pretty good, and I find a lot of new information to ponder on. So, while not Primal myself, I like sticking around.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Rip @ MIPWID is online now Senior Member
    I really couldn't care less about naysayers. Only about my results.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I care about the naysayers that are my family. It is heartbreaking for me to have my diabetic, bread/soy 'vegetarian' mom who is sick as a dog tell me she is worried about me "eating all that fat and meat all the time" (as if I subside entirely on bacon grease and rare beef). It hurts me, it really does, because I want so badly to help her and my sister as well. They do not want my brand of help. They are too fully immersed in processed foods and low-fat culture and refuse to change. :*(

grokgramma is offline Member
    I am doing this because I almost killed myself on a vegan diet.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I don't describe myself as "Primal", even though the only "non-primal foods" I eat are a bit of sugar in my tea and chewing gum (life's too short..!)

I don't subscribe to the science because I've fallen for "science" so many times and I realise you can use it to prove or disprove anything. I don't like to imagine what "grok would have done" cos' it too speculative. Mark isn't my guru and I trust my own experience more.

So it seems wrong for me to call how I eat "Primal" because I just eat foods that make me feel best, in the ratios that work for me.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast