Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of all the naysayers? page 3

Mama~Mare is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I have learned to just do what works best for me at the time and that there is no need to explain my actions.

Now if someone is brave enough to ask me why I do what I do, then I believe I need to be prepared to give an answer.

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Do what is best for you, let others do what is best for them.

I find that all types of people can be super annoying when on a "diet". They often want to preach their respective gospel on why there diet is right and others diet are wrong. Myself? Who cares? If someone thinks my diet is strange, who cares? If I think their diet is crazy, who cares?

To each their own. That said, i do like to take in information from people who are "anti-primal". Sometimes they have some good thoughts and studies.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I was a naysayer once. You could find my naysaying on the internet. It lives on without me. You don't know how many naysaying posts and rants you read out there that are people who have since changed their mind. All you can do is try giving up grains, sugar and crap soybean/corn/canola oil and see what happens.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

dimples is offline Junior Member
    Fuck em'

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    People are really weird about the whole saturated fat thing.
    That's sure true.

Weston Price traveled the world and documented what the healthy "primitive" people were eating: they were eating 30-80% calories from fat, and most of it from saturated fat / animal fat!!! And they were bad asses.

Yet in the US they try to eat LESS THAN 30% calories from fat, with minimal saturated fat, and are depressed weaklings.

Hmmm, somebody got their research wrong me thinks.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I'm not onboard with the "omg paleo is magic!" people on here, but naysayers of paleo can generally only be described as such: stupid fucks.

Megatron is offline Member
    What I'd LIKE to tell them, when they are telling me I will get 'so fat' from primal, or that it's unhealthy, or any comments anyone makes ever about what I am eating because it is none of their business, is simply:

Oh really? So that's why I am actually just a projection of a thin woman, whereas my real self is being crane lifted out of my apartment somewhere.

Why do so many people want to tell you what you're doing will make you fat- when it obviously hasn't? Especially when their diet clearly isn't working. That really tempts the snark.

In reality, I try to say nothing, because the last thing the workplace needs is more talk about diets and food and weight, dear god. And I think we deserve to give them the same respect we wish we got. So, I silently shake the head at the LeanCuisine, but don't try to preach the good word unless asked for.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Funny thing is that I think mob mentality exists in both large and small groups, and many people on this forum are naysayers while convincing themselves otherwise.

I was low carb paleo/primal for about a year. My health steadily disintegrated and only started to improve when I cut out most of the vegetables, cut back the fat, increased my sugar, added back some non-glutenous grains and stopped purposely fasting. However, you can be sure that if I suggest any of those things to people who are struggling in the way that I was, a whole bunch of 'naysayers' will chime in with 'eat more fat! Fat is the solution! Sugar is evil!'

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Funny thing is that I think mob mentality exists in both large and small groups, and many people on this forum are naysayers while convincing themselves otherwise.
    I would agree with this, but also we are more likely to find people who are passionate about 'whatever it is' on a focused forum like this. I'm still a very firm believer that not one way of eating, or gadget, or shampoo, or whatever will be the best for everyone. Everyone is different and all we can do is to find what is closest to what we need, then tweak it. For me, I'm here because a lower carb diet with veggies and some fruit has always been a healthier option than anything else. That is apparently what my body thrives on because blood work, hair, nails, skin all improve when on it. So, I enjoy a site like this where the majority of people are doing what I am.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post

I was low carb paleo/primal for about a year. My health steadily disintegrated and only started to improve when I cut out most of the vegetables, cut back the fat, increased my sugar, added back some non-glutenous grains and stopped purposely fasting. However, you can be sure that if I suggest any of those things to people who are struggling in the way that I was, a whole bunch of 'naysayers' will chime in with 'eat more fat! Fat is the solution! Sugar is evil!'
    Would bet money you had an adrenal axis issue That caused that response.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast