Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of all the naysayers? page 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by the_walrus0 View Post
    I guess I want to know why you guys all continue PB. Results? Science? Going against the grain? Genuine enjoyment achieved when eating this way?
    All of the above.

PB makes sense, works for me, and there's something satisfying about discovering a secret that everyone else seems not to know. And the food is great.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I continue because it makes me feel fantastic. As someone who has functioned but has had low energy levels and a feeling of just being not quite right for many many years, to now have energy in abundance and feel great is just amazing. I never forget that and temptations back to SAD (or the British version thereof) are few and far between.

The fact that the food is way beyond delicious, is satisfying and has completely nullified my previous urges to comfort eat, and that my excess fat is slowly but surely disappearing are also huge motivating factors.

Naysayers? Who gives a toss? They can think what they like as far as I'm concerned...especially the ones I don't know. With the people I know, a few close friends know the ins and outs of how I eat and live, but I don't tend to talk about it much to others...other than maybe say "I don't eat wheat/bread" or whatever if I'm offered. Many people are either quite closed minded and have trouble dealing with concepts outwith their own small experience, or they're too blinded by what people 'in authority' (government and the media) tell them so they still reckon saturated fat will kill you...or both. Life is too short to get into fights with these people - they'll hopefully discover the truth themselves one day but they don't need me telling them how they should eat.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Well, to those on a SAD, we are the naysayers, lol. I don't care. I look great, I am in excellent health. If anyone should criticize my way of life, they can go look in a mirror and go screw themselves. I don't preach to anyone and nobody should preach to me.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Peopleare really weird about the whole saturated fat thing. My SO, who is basically a drunk, eats a lot of junk, has never dieted.... gives the dog any small amount of fat on his meat because it is "unhealthy". LOL, I think we are brainwashed to not eat fat. I mean seriously, he'll eat acid from a strange hippie, but will. not. eat. a small amount of fat from a local, grassfed piece of beef. And this is someone who never considers the "health" of food.

Anyway, it works for me. That's what matters.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

FiveX is offline Member
    Life is full of choices and the Primal lifestyle is my choice. It works for me, I feel great and if someone doesn't like that (TS) I'm not sorry for my chosen route. However, I am sorry that their eyes are blinded by pharmaceutical company's peddling drugs, processed food manufacturers selling shit, and medical doctors repeating outdated diet information!

Another good read is "Why we get fat, and what do do about it" by Gary Taubes. Just got back from a long morning hike and I've got to flip my salmon on the BBQ. Have a great day Primal folks! Peace....5x

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Naysayers aren't living in my body, and also do not have the responsibility for it - I do. And I choose Primal. If someone wants to get with me and trade honest n=1 experiences of their own, without negativity, I will respond in kind. Otherwise, they can leave me alone, and I leave them to their own futures.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_walrus0 View Post
    Maybe they still think red meat is evil and grains are heart healthy...but I'll bet they wouldn't complain to someone who's allergic to gluten that they 'need heart healthy grains'. They'd accept it. That person has a problem when they eat grains. I have a problem when I eat grains. Maybe not an outright allergic reaction but I definitely don't do well with them...
    As a person who has been gluten-free due to self-diagnosed gluten intolerance for a decade, I can tell you absolutely that there are plenty of people who will challenge someone who tells them gluten makes them sick and insist that they may not give up foods that are hurting them unless they present some stranger who they have never met and never will a note from their doctor that says they have celiac. No other debilitating symptom will be considered.

There are plenty of ignorant doctors out there who after diagnosing celiac or gluten intolerance after a decade or more of serious illness will tell their patients that it is too much trouble to give up gluten and they should take lots of drugs to treat the symptoms instead, as though that worked out for them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i continue because i can't have butter and crispy chicken skin with 'clean eating'
    According to my definition, chicken skin in butter is "clean eating".

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Peopleare really weird about the whole saturated fat thing. My SO, who is basically a drunk, eats a lot of junk, has never dieted.... gives the dog any small amount of fat on his meat because it is "unhealthy". LOL, I think we are brainwashed to not eat fat. I mean seriously, he'll eat acid from a strange hippie, but will. not. eat. a small amount of fat from a local, grassfed piece of beef. And this is someone who never considers the "health" of food.

Anyway, it works for me. That's what matters.
    Wait, you let him feed it to the dog instead of stealing it from his plate?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Because after doing this for 2 years I like the way I feel and look. And the food tastes great too.

firemanswife is offline Junior Member
    I tell folks that I was asthmatic, taking Singulair, Advair and a rescue inhaler(at the hot stand-by) had intense deep tissue pain on a very regular basis(constantly taking ibuprophen), joint pain and constantly in my chiroprators office, night sweats, hot flashes, no energy, migraines etc., etc., etc. Now that I eat primal andlive primal all those concerns, conditions and ailments are but a dim memory. Why on earth would I do anything different. If they think I am a crack pot the only other thing I have to say if I even bother is, "We are all on our own path. We are each responsible for your own lives and health whether we want to believe it or not."

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I continue PB because it works for me and I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks, especially naysayers on the Internet.
    I'll go further and say I hope they all continue to eat crap; it'll give me and my own an advantage over the rest of the population.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast