Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and PB page

FairyRae is offline Senior Member

Fibromyalgia and PB

Primal Fuel
    So, my husband has just been diagnosed w/ fibromyalgia (he's 32). He's had pain and all sorts of symptoms for years (I've begged him to go off of gluten many a time, as I think he is very sensitive to gluten and dairy, and that it would make a huge difference in his life...) Anyway, this past week he jumped in w/ both feet and is *mostly* primal--totally gluten and dairy free, but had a couple of servings of white rice (cooked in bone broth) this week, staying between 100-150 carbs. He's really doing an amazing job at this, and I'm sooooo thrilled! (He's definitely feeling the low carb flu, which I'm trying to assure him is totally normal.)

He also started taking vit D (D3), CoQ10, and he's been taking fish oil and ALIVE! whole food multivitamins for a while. I'm wanting to get him a really good probiotic, which is something I think he's lacking and might make a big difference. (I do lots of probiotic foods here like kraut, kimchi, non-dairy kefir, lacto fermented pickles, etc., but he won't touch them...)

I'm wondering if anyone here has experience w/ fibromyalgia, and what has helped your symptoms. Have you found PB eating to be helpful? (I'm guessing yes!) I believe his problems are due in large part to food sensitivities and leaky gut issues. That he has moved to a whole/real foods, mostly primal, gluten and dairy free diet is blowing me away! I'm hoping this will make a huge difference for him (and I do believe it will.)

TIA for any info you have to share!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'd really love to know this as well for my MIL (she has Fibromyalgia and hates taking meds.)

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    I don't have it, but my mother does. I've tried to get her to change her diet. Anyway, I would have him also supplement with Oil of Oregano. There is a lot of speculation that Fibro is the result of a yeast infection that goes haywire. There is a definite link between eating carbs and the flare ups, so it isn't a stretch to also think about the yeast end of things.

Oil of oregano kills everything, I noticed (before going PB) that when I took it regularly during my busy business season to stay flu and cold free, that my desire for sweets dropped off the grid. It was weird cause I have a wicked sweet tooth.

Thanks for the input--will totally look into oil of oregano! I've been reading a bit on the connection between candida and fibromyalgia so that totally makes sense...

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years ago. I am also hypothyroid. When I finally convinced a new doctor to ignore my TSH, look at my free Ts, and increase my thyroid meds, my day to day fibro symptoms went away.

Dr. John Lowe believes fibromyalgia to be a symptom of untreated or undertreated thyroid disease. http://drlowe.com/

maba is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on hubby turning Primal! I hope PB really helps his fibromyalgia.

Thanks marcadav--I'm off to check out Dr. Lowe's site now!

And thanks maba--I'm really blown away by his sudden drive to do this--I've talked w/ him about diet changes for a LOOOOOOONG time, and have *shown* him how powerful it can be (through my own and our son's healing), and he has never made any real changes. I'm in awe of how he's sticking to it now. It's awesome!

Off-topic, how is your pregnancy going maba? How far along are you now?

maba is offline Senior Member
    I've completed 20 weeks FairyRae. I had my first pre-natal checkup with my midwife last week and I'm really happy with him. Thanks for all the advice you and the others gave on the homebirth thread. How can I contact you, I didn't find the "Send message" option on your profile?

How exciting maba!! So glad you've found the right careprovider for you!!!

Not sure about contacting me throug MDA--you can always email at yis4yoga at yahoo.com (my email.)

Thanks Sharonll!
    Last edited by FairyRae; 04-30-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    FairyRae, please go back and edit your post to delete your email address so bots can't pick it up. You can replace the @ with " at " or something. Otherwise, go to your profile and enable the private message option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast