Thread: House is free of grains... page

ludobear is offline Junior Member

House is free of grains...

Shop Now
    As of about five minutes ago, my pantry is clean and restocked.

Tomorrow is the official jump off point.

Sidenote: while shopping today I got trapped in the bakery section (surrounded by unmoving people)...I used it as a little test since god knows my biggest obstacle will be giving up muffins again - I chose not to buy one last one and I was rather proud of that

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with it.
    I usually recommend the gradual transition by phasing in and phasing out a few things at a time, but some like to jump into the icewater at the deep end, each to their own.

I hope you go well, but you will be one of very few who don't fall of the wagon at some point, it may be a week, it may be a year, my point is if this happens to you, don't stress over it, it's all good, just dust yourself down and move on. The Stress factors involved in cravings/denial then post retribution/guilt etc aren't all that healthy, so let it go and move on.

i just had an episode over xmas, it wasn't so much falling off as making a choice to jump off and eat crap for a while, it was just a little easier in the social context, but I did pay for it, all up with clearing it out of the system was probably six weeks of feeling NQR, even there was only about 3 weeks indiscretion, back on the wagon now and will probably not be so keen to jump off in the future.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, jumping into the deep end is best. Get the transition pain over with faster instead of drawing it out, IMO. I've watched too many people try to slowly convert and they fall off the wagon because slow transition doesn't properly address addiction (and I've found that most overweight people have some sort of addiction issue -- including me when I was fat).

Stratford_Man is offline Junior Member
    My experience with going grain-free was that cold turkey was best. Bonne chance!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Muffin: Mash a banana, a spoonful of almond butter, an egg and a spoonful of cocoa powder. Put in a coffee mug (or two coffee mugs). Microwave for 2 minutes. Instant muffin. I eat these sometimes (with pumpkin pie spice instead of chocolate) before hiking. They really seem to keep me full for a long time and I think it tastes better than any bakery muffin out there.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    Yeah, jumping into the deep end is best. Get the transition pain over with faster instead of drawing it out, IMO. I've watched too many people try to slowly convert and they fall off the wagon because slow transition doesn't properly address addiction (and I've found that most overweight people have some sort of addiction issue -- including me when I was fat).
    I agree. Just jump in. I also did that swimming. Easing into the water didn't warm it up a bit; I got over the cold shock quicker by just jumping in.

I've now been on PB 14-15 weeks. After the first month I was strongly tempted by breads, I'd hunt through the bakery section looking for anything that looked 'not as bad' and buy it. Then at home I'd read the ingredients list more carefully and decide I couldn't eat it, so I'd give it to my husband who is not primal. I did this 4 times. But by now that particular craving seems to be going away. Breads don't even look tempting anymore.

I've continued learning how bad our wheat and corn is for us, really poisonous, and that really disuades me.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and have a great first primal day.

PS I hope you've taken your measurements