Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freezing Avocados? page 2

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    When I have trouble getting the Foodsaver vacuum to work it's usually because there's a tiny wrinkle where the seal is supposed to go.

I just checked on Amazon to see if there is a better model and they've got one listed for $899.99! Holy Smokes!
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, twinmamma, I'll try that...I always make sure the end of the bag is within the spillage trough, but even when I'm trying to make a seal on what will be a new bag, sometimes the thing doesn't work. I've almost tossed it out the window.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
    I just checked on Amazon to see if there is a better model and they've got one listed for $899.99! Holy Smokes!
    I wonder if that's a typo, probably supposed to be 89.99... When you compare to all the other ones I mean. I have one that looks just like it and it seems like it was under a hundred. I use it quite a bit but have never tried avocados. After reading this thread I think I'll give them a try too!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Also I just saw a recipe for avocado lime popsicles... I can't wait to try them!

Avocado-Lime Popsicles

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    Now you're talking. Thanks for popsicles link. I will be trying that. And I've already got all the ingredients growing in my yard!

I tried some avocado fudgesicles recently and they were pretty eh.
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Paleobird Guest
    If you don't have a way to seal out the air I would suggest mashing the avos, then put in tupperware with a layer of coconut oil on top. Then when you freeze it the air stays out and no darkening.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    I just froze the halves and put 'em in ziplocks. There was a bit of darkening during the freezing but not a lot.

My son was actually scoping out more avos to buy today. I had to put my foot down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12