35 years old, married to a wonderful man who is my best friend.

I have PCOS, Hyperlipidemia, NAFLD, and Insulin Resistance, 210 pounds and 5ft6in tall. I am here and doing this to save my life. I have been sick for 20 years never knowing what really was going on. Had my gallbladder removed a few years back and that is when I was hit with diagnosis for PCOS and Insulin Resistance and NAFLD. It floored me that I was 32 years old and that sick but still walking around. I have tried every low fat low calorie diet out there and a few low carb plans but none worked or stuck. I decided that there had to be something more obscure perhaps that I was missing. I wasn't ready to throw in the towel...still not. So...for a few months I searched and found this site here. I read and read. It made sense. For weeks I danced around getting started and 10 days ago I took the plunge. Headaches plagued me the first 4 days. Then a slight reprieve of feeling good for 3 days and then WHAM! 3 days ago I started what I can only assume is real die off and carb flu. Nausea, stomach ache, diarrhea, fuzzy headed, dizziness, aches and pains...you name it. Thought I had the flu but it does match up with typical flu for me. It also waxes and wanes. I will feel great for half the day and then crap for the next half or whatever. We have de-carbed the house other than some fruits and veggies. I have some supplements I love like super B12 and Magnesium and some others but cut the garbage out and don't miss it at all. Been eating more meats and veggies. Averaging about 50-70 carbs a day. I can tell you this, I am positive I ate 300 or more per day in my past life. So...this is a huge change in that. I know I will feel better in week or so and things will be easier. It's just thinking of things to feed the hubs...he is doing this plan too and he isn't suffering carb flu like I am and is eating when I wanna puke, lol. I made some carb free chili and he loves it. So...its baby steps I guess. I have lived a sedentary lifestyle so I am going to start a walking regiment to get me going and see where it leads me. I wanna do weights but I am not sure I am ready just yet. I just wanna get through this tough part first. The first few weeks are always rough and it's usually what deters me but not this time.

I wanna learn and meet some great people and maybe acquire a mentor of sorts to help me through this journey. I have alot to learn.

Cheers!