Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjusting diet for pregnancy page 2

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations! I would check out Chris Kresser's blog. He did a number of blog posts and podcasts about having a healthy baby/healthy pregnancy since his wife just recently gave birth to their first child. I have been studying up on it quite a bit since my fiance is pregnant right now but it is still very early and we don't want to jinx anything. Right now it looks like your diet is pretty darn healthy as you are eating eggs, liver and fish. I am sure your cravings will change at some point though as that is what I have witnessed from many of my friends
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Definitely get plenty of vitamins D & A, along with the related minerals, magnesium and zinc. Liver and oysters! Maybe supplement some D
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    I'm now four months pregnant. I'm basically eating the same as before, but I'm hungrier so I've added an extra egg to my breakfast and some chicken/duck soup (basically stock made from the carcass of whatever bird we roasted last) along with my lunchtime salad. I'm also eating a little more fruit.

I eat liver now and again, but not terribly often maybe once every three weeks or so. I'd eat more fish, but it's expensive, so I'm supplementing with omega 3s. I do have pickled herring for breakfast though. I also supplement with D because there is none to be had here, particularly at this time of year.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    You're diet looks great for pregnancy. I'm a midwife and honestly wish my clients ate like you do! I agree with all the previous posts. I'd try to swap your peanut butter out for pumpkin seed (high in zinc and iron) or macadamia butter but hey, I totally understand vices. Just ensure your PB is organic (peanuts are high in pesticide content). Watch mercury content in fish, avocados are great, eggs are perfect pregnacy food, go nuts on the coconut and yes, you only need about 300 extra calories per day which can add up quickly. Ensure you're getting lots of vit D, water and rest and if you start to feel nauseated I'd try to eat a little something for lunch.

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Oh I'd love to have some coconut milk! Husband says it's too expensive

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12