Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why am I so tired? Suggestions please page 4

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A lot of good suggestions already posted.....

1.) Rest more.
    2.) Nourish and re-fuel nutritional tanks.
    3.) Unburden or unblock emotional/spiritual obstacles.
    4.) De-stress - go on a vacation, meditate, find time for yourself to be good to yourself.

*Over exercise without proper nutritional refueling can further plummet hormone levels.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    neonazi... what? Burning babies.... WHAT? Where the hell are you getting this? Pretty sure neckhammer was talking about food.
    Well, I was talking about "local" (forum) HISTORY. I agree that sicko ladies should take their sicko problems somewhere else.
    Some "ladies" (mostly) were aggressively antisemitic (in group, orchestrated)
    Last edited by anna5; 02-23-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Well, I was talking about "local" (forum) HISTORY. I agree that sicko ladies should take their sicko problems somewhere else.
    Some "ladies" (mostly) were aggressively antisemitic (in group, orchestrated)
    anna5, Would you tell me where I could find the antisemitic thread. I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    anna5, Would you tell me where I could find the antisemitic thread. I must have missed it.
    I don't see any reason I should search now, but I let you know if I see something similar again.
    I don't know you, so I'll take your request on face value. There are many threads here and missing something is easy. SECONDLY, we come with different ourselves, with different backgrounds (personal and family), education, sensitivity, hierarchy of values, etc, etc., etc. and naturally we PERCEIVE differently.
    So, when someone raises an issue, it's incorrect to unleash an ugly, very ugly campaign, kicking, labeling, mocking, etc. Yes, this happened.
    Some people have a problem with my being Jewish AND/OR my having a degree in Jewish history (focus on antisemitism). My Ph.D. is in a different field. I reread the rules and I didn't notice any prohibition against being Jewish and/or knowledgeable. So, I'll remain Jewish (and proud of it). So, I'll remain knowledgeable and hopefully intelligent too.
    Last edited by anna5; 02-23-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    oh kay... Just not sure where that played into THIS thread.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    oh kay... Just not sure where that played into THIS thread.
    Go back to the second Neckhammer's comment. Yes, she/he was .... how ... to put it .... ? Ah, I know ... she/he was there.
    Last edited by anna5; 02-23-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    When you work-out that much you need to eat more and sleep more. If you don't enjoy your workouts and you are chronically fatigued the you are NOT FIT. You are over trained and probably underfed. Every midwife I ever had contact with seemed to be pretty smart and have their head on straight. You need to use some of the same logic you would use for your patients and apply it to your current situation.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Timber View Post
    When you work-out that much you need to eat more and sleep more. If you don't enjoy your workouts and you are chronically fatigued the you are NOT FIT. You are over trained and probably underfed. Every midwife I ever had contact with seemed to be pretty smart and have their head on straight. You need to use some of the same logic you would use for your patients and apply it to your current situation.

I whole heartily agree with what many of you are saying here. I guess some of you figured out I'm a midwife. Yes, it's true, I'd give my clients this advice that's been given to me. As a licensed and educated medical practitioner I know the science behind why women fail to menstrate but somehow after the death of my partner, I seem to find it hard to take my own advice. I use exercise as a mechanism to cope. I see a wonderful wholistic grief psychologist who has helped a tremendous amount, I meditate when I can, I try to walk more instead of run. This being said, I can do better. I'm on vacation right now but find it hard to relax in the situation I'm in. When I don't work out my body gets achy and uncomfortable. Anyone else feel that way?
    Perhaps I shall dial it down a notch or two to start with and increase my snacks. This has already kind of happened naturally as a result of being so tired. Appreciation for all the advice. Sometimes you need to hear it from someone else.

To reply to a few queries:
    My body fat was measured by caliper and by my scale at home.
    The last time I was at 20% body fat I was in high school and seriously chubby. I didn't like how I looked and was also pretty low energy. That being said, I also was eating a SAD (minus gluten).
    TSH was done not thyroid pannel.

You'll be fine. Good that you came here. Make the needed changes.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghanner View Post
    I whole heartily agree with what many of you are saying here. I guess some of you figured out I'm a midwife. Yes, it's true, I'd give my clients this advice that's been given to me. As a licensed and educated medical practitioner I know the science behind why women fail to menstrate but somehow after the death of my partner, I seem to find it hard to take my own advice. I use exercise as a mechanism to cope. I see a wonderful wholistic grief psychologist who has helped a tremendous amount, I meditate when I can, I try to walk more instead of run. This being said, I can do better. I'm on vacation right now but find it hard to relax in the situation I'm in. When I don't work out my body gets achy and uncomfortable. Anyone else feel that way?
    Perhaps I shall dial it down a notch or two to start with and increase my snacks. This has already kind of happened naturally as a result of being so tired. Appreciation for all the advice. Sometimes you need to hear it from someone else.
    I'm so sorry for what you have been through. I recently lost my father and I know that I often had to remind myself to eat enough. Grief can be a powerful appetite suppressant. I agree with what has been said about over training and I'm glad that you are self aware enough to see this as a coping mechanism you use. Also see what you can do about scaling back the crazy busy work schedule when you get back from vacation. (Taking a vacation is about the best thing you could possibly be doing right now.) Enjoy it. I wish you healing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast