Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why am I so tired? Suggestions please page 2

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghanner View Post
    Hey man, I asked for positive suggestions...I'm satiated on what I eat. Eating more would feel like I'm forcing myself to over-consume which feels wrong to me.
    Well something must be wrong with you if you are here asking for suggestions to your problem... Just because you're satiated doesn't mean all is well. In my case, when I was paranoid with being primal, I too felt satiated though I was eating too little, bout less 1000 less calories than I should. And with your chronic cardio + lifting weights, you should be eating more, especially if you are feeling tired. Add in carbs... doesn't have to be more dietary fat..

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    Well something must be wrong with you if you are here asking for suggestions to your problem... Just because you're satiated doesn't mean all is well. In my case, when I was paranoid with being primal, I too felt satiated though I was eating too little, bout less 1000 less calories than I should. And with your chronic cardio + lifting weights, you should be eating more, especially if you are feeling tired. Add in carbs... doesn't have to be more dietary fat..
    Darz, your comment isn't positive. Tell her not to eat more.
    But seriously, Mark (yes, Sisson) tell these zombies that they have to eat - it's beginning to be too noisy here - clicking , screeching

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I have to say my lady that 13% body fat on a woman is generally not healthy nor is it particularly attractive imho. You have issues and I believe it is with your lack of body fat screwing with your hormones and wayyyyyy too much exercise. What do you eat and how much of it a day would be a good place to start.

Women need about 20% bf to be healthy and to make sure their womenly bits function right. Obviously ymmv but this is what I would look at first.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I have to say my lady that 13% body fat on a woman is generally not healthy nor is it particularly attractive imho. You have issues and I believe it is with your lack of body fat screwing with your hormones and wayyyyyy too much exercise. What do you eat and how much of it a day would be a good place to start.

Women need about 20% bf to be healthy and to make sure their womenly bits function right. Obviously ymmv but this is what I would look at first.
    didn't even notice the bf % - Also this then.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghanner View Post
    - 33yr old female, 106lbs 5'4.5" BF last tested at 13% two years ago...may be less now, not sure.
    - Ammenhorea since 2007 after the death of a spouse
    - High stress unpredictable job as a midwife on call 20days/month with frequent 24hr shifts. When not required to stay up all night I usually sleep 7-8 hrs. I also take 3-5mg melatonin every night.
    - Blood hormones low (estrogen, testosterone, progesterone) while recent salivary testing was low normal. Thyroid last tested as normal, iron normal
    - Work outs 5-6 times/wk. Combination of long cardio (trail runs, xc ski or spinning when I can't get outside due to work), light weights/ body weight training 2-3x/wk, HIIT 1-2/wk.
    - Cals 1200-1400/day 20% carb, 45% fat 35% give or take a bit
    !
    Holy hell. Haven't read any other responses, but stop killing yourself! You wonder why your tired. Your eating a super restricted amount of calories on a super intense exercise regimen at a very low BF%. Increase your BF% to 20 i.e. EAT MORE and you'll feel better. Exercise less and you will also feel better. Leaner DOES NOT always equal healthier.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Ok after rereading the post, op you are almost definitely running way too low on carbs for this kind of physical stress and no where near enough fat, it looks like your following a zone diet.

What I would suggest is upping carbs to 75-100 g a day, protein to 1g /lb of body weight ( 1 oz meat is 7 g protein so about 16 oz of meat/eggs/fish a day) and up the fat till you are at about 1800 cal.

Then I would drop all the cardio for a few weeks, just walk. Do some heavy work 2 or 3 times a week for 30 min and give your body time to rest. Your work schedule is hectic and irregular and I dont expect you can help that.

The Ammenhorea is likely caused by your hormones out of whack due to very low body fat and too much stress. My condolences on your loss but dont let that loss kill you too soon.

I might also suggest some sort of emotional/psychological therapy to help deal with issues, everyone has them and if you think being this thin is ok, you probably have many.

This is the most positive suggestions I can make, if I have offended you, I am sorry but you asked for help and seem to need it so this is what you get.

May Freya look in on you and help you.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just a thought. I wouldn't underestimate the emotional effects of losing a spouse in 2007. Well-meaning friends and family will often tell us to move on, and we are often even telling ourselves that. You are keeping yourself well fed and you exercise, and those are all good things.

I agree with taking a week off from the cardio every once in awhile. You don't have to sloth it out those weeks, you can take gentle walks and get some sunshine. If you feel that you are still feeling unresolved issues of loss, don't beat yourself up and do get some counseling - sometimes just getting feelings of anger and loss off your chest can be a lot of help.

Do you like animals? Coming home to an animal who is glad to see you is very emotionally satisfying. Cats can go many hours without us and still love us when we're near.

You've got the physical health pretty down and that's awesome. But sometimes life hands us things that just out and out suck. Tired isn't always a symptom of physical unwellness.

Just my 2cents.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Sounds as if you are not giving your body enough fuel for this kind of intense exercise.
    I, too do 45 min. to an hour cardio 5 days a week, but my carbs are usually over 100g. and my kCalories around 1500 -1600

There is no justifiable reason for someone not to enjoy some good, healthy Primal carbohydrates. Especially if that someone is a very active person at normal weight and BF%

IMO VLC is good, but not something anyone should do forever.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    So I did read some responses..... anna is a douche, and I don't want my response put in the same context as hers. So I'm gonna elaborate. Fact is as a midwife you must recognize your body fat level is less than ideal right? Your basically at fitness model competition level (or less), which is unsustainable even for those stage performers for extended periods.

While you may feel satiated on 12-1400 calories a day that may simply be the ketosis induced loss of your hunger. It happens when eating VLC and is a terrific way to lose weight. I added in enough carbs to come out of ketosis when I noticed that my weight was continuing to drop bellow where I felt most healthy. I would suggest you do the same. Or simply eat more fat if VLC is something you enjoy, but get use to the larger portions of meat and such. Actually take however many meals your eating now and add one whole meal to your days of equal size.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    So I did read some responses..... anna is a douche, and I don't want my response put in the same context as hers. So I'm gonna elaborate. Fact is as a midwife you must recognize your body fat level is less than ideal right? Your basically at fitness model competition level (or less), which is unsustainable even for those stage performers for extended periods.

While you may feel satiated on 12-1400 calories a day that may simply be the ketosis induced loss of your hunger. It happens when eating VLC and is a terrific way to lose weight. I added in enough carbs to come out of ketosis when I noticed that my weight was continuing to drop bellow where I felt most healthy. I would suggest you do the same. Or simply eat more fat if VLC is something you enjoy, but get use to the larger portions of meat and such. Actually take however many meals your eating now and add one whole meal to your days of equal size.
    Ha, ha, ha. Why am I not surprised .. ? All those who are such supporters of burning and burying babies alive (of course only ... certain babies - don't get me started) will show up to promote ... positivity.
    Medhammer, I am pretty sure that you'll get full support, understanding, positivity and compassion from the neo-Nazi wing of the group.
    Brrr.
    You don't need positivity you need more food.
    Last edited by anna5; 02-23-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast