Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down with blood pressure page

Annieh is offline Senior Member

Down with blood pressure

Primal Fuel
    Happy today. I introduced my sister to primal. She's jumped on board, and now her blood pressure is down into normal range after last year doctor threatened she was close to needed medication. Yay.

It has worked for me as well, though mine was not as high as hers it was still borderline.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Awesome!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! My blood pressure dropped from 130/90 down to 105/75 within a couple of months. I've been Paleo/Primal for almost a year now and have never felt better.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Fascinating- I wonder what it is about Primal that lowers blood pressure?
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I think it's the less sugar and grains, leading to less inflammation in the body.

Whatever it is, it works better than exercise alone. I started exercising before I started eating primally and it made no difference to blood pressure at ALL.

Paleobird Guest
    Going Primal brought my Dad down from decades of scary high BP (e.g. 160-170 range) to measuring consistently at 115/65. And he did this in his 80s!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    well done Annie - you are a Kiwi inspriation. I love reading about your meals - so yummy.
    Send our congratulations to your sister
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I went from 160/100 to 110/80 in a year. I think it's primarily going lower carb and lower salt meaning less water (even though I liberally salt all my food now and never did before).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I was taking two medications for blood pressure last march and 240lbs at 5'11" with BP of 130/80. After three months I had lost 16lbs and the BP had dropped into the normal range. I contacted my doctor and asked which med I should stop. At six months I had lost about 35lbs and the BP was again in the normal range so I stopped the other BP med too. It's now steady at about 110/75. I also stopped taking statins. Lastly, I had late onset asthma and used a steroid inhaler twice a day. I decided to stop using the device in the new year and have not gone back to it.

It's obvious that the weight loss brought my blood pressure down. However, I put the asthma going away down to what I eat and how I exercise nowadays. I shall have a blood test this month to see how my cholesterol is doing after being Primal Lite for a year.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    I was taking two medications for blood pressure last march and 240lbs at 5'11" with BP of 130/80. After three months I had lost 16lbs and the BP had dropped into the normal range. I contacted my doctor and asked which med I should stop. At six months I had lost about 35lbs and the BP was again in the normal range so I stopped the other BP med too. It's now steady at about 110/75. I also stopped taking statins. Lastly, I had late onset asthma and used a steroid inhaler twice a day. I decided to stop using the device in the new year and have not gone back to it.

It's obvious that the weight loss brought my blood pressure down. However, I put the asthma going away down to what I eat and how I exercise nowadays. I shall have a blood test this month to see how my cholesterol is doing after being Primal Lite for a year.
    Its exciting to see your success! Congrats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast