Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is my blood sugar plummeting? page 3

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love both bananas and plantains. Bananas are way more sweet compared to plantains. I will fry up some plantains in coconut oil and eat them like chips with some guacamole as a dip (this is a Carribean favorite). They are really yummy after a tough workout. I pretty much eat fruits at will and I never consciously limit them.

Like Choco mentioned. On rest days I eat a little more fat and less carbs and on workout days I add more carbs. But I normally never go below 100g of carbs even on rest days. I personally never had a problem with weight pre or during my shift in diets from SAD to whole foods. But my dad on the other hand has wrecked his metabolism and is probably hypo going sub 50g of carbs for many years (He was an Atkins guy for many years). He can't seem to lose weight no matter what he does.
    Last edited by Balance; 02-22-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I love both bananas and plantains. Bananas are way more sweet compared to plantains. I will fry up some plantains in coconut oil and eat them like chips with some guacamole as a dip. They are really yummy after a tough workout.

Like Choco mentioned. On rest days I eat a little more fat and less carbs and on workout days I add more carbs. But I normally never go below 100g of carbs even on rest days. I personally never had a problem with weight pre or during my shift in diets from SAD to whole foods. But my dad on the other hand has wrecked his metabolism and is probably hypo going sub 50g of carbs for many years (He was an Atkins guy for many years). He can't seem to lose weight no matter what he does.
    wow, going sub-50g of carbs wrecked his metabolism? or he needs to go sub-50g BECAUSE his metabolism is wrecked?

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I probably average more like 150-200g. If I workout it's not unlikely that I polish off 250-300g in a sitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    wow, going sub-50g of carbs wrecked his metabolism? or he needs to go sub-50g BECAUSE his metabolism is wrecked?
    Chronic low carbohydrate is rough on your thyroid and adrenals. Many people in the LC camp will deny it to their grave even as their hair thins. Just eat real food.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I probably average more like 150-200g. If I workout it's not unlikely that I polish off 250-300g in a sitting.

Chronic low carbohydrate is rough on your thyroid and adrenals. Many people in the LC camp will deny it to their grave even as their hair thins. Just eat real food.
    It's interesting what you learn when you venture outside the die-hard "fat-is-everything" realm... thanks for all the advice.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I am pretty much in complete agreement with Choco. I am normally in the 150-200g range. But on certain occassions I will go over 200 easily. On the few occassions when I was sub 100 for a prolonged period I would feel crappy, anxious, and cold. 150-200g is pretty ideal for me right now. I think therapeutically going LC might help for short periods of time but I find a lot of people tend to run into problems long term.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

I am so sick of reading this. How does being LC automatically mean you don't eat real food? I DO eat real food and I am LC.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I am so sick of reading this. How does being LC automatically mean you don't eat real food? I DO eat real food and I am LC.

He didn't say you don't eat real food.

He's just basically saying "eat real food, regardless of it's macronutrient content. If you want eggs, eat some eggs, if you want potatoes, eat potatoes. Stop worrying about the protein/carb/fat ratio in a food and just eat it.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Well excuse me if I read it wrong, but that is how I read it. Chaco if I was wrong, I apologise.
    But he does make reference to LC and thinning hair.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member

Choco, do you think it is important to keep blood sugar in a normal range? If chronic low carb is hard on thyroid and adrenals, what are the consequences of chronic high blood sugar? Thanks.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    But he does make reference to LC and thinning hair.
    I bet he's making it all up because he just hates fat eaters.

Oh wait.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast