Thread: Eating Enough? page

ludobear is offline Junior Member

Eating Enough?

Shop Now
    One thing I really struggled with last time around was the concept of eating enough.

Look, I didn't get fat by eating a lot. I got fat by eating crap. Even in my SAD days, I maxed at around 1300cals. When I last was eating Primal (and I imagine I'll encounter the same this go around) I would hit about 1200 and be stuffed - and I mean STUFFED! - but these leaves me with the thought that I am not "eating enough."

My goal is weight loss at first. I am very obese and ideally we are looking at around 100+ lbs to lose. (god, I think that might be the first time I've wrote that...it looks gross).

I know the idea is just eat until full. And sure I can always add fat to throw in some extra cals but is it necessary? Oddly, a very high fat diet makes me crave the opposite: sweets. I'd rather avoid this as much as possible.

Thoughts? Ideas?

peril is offline Senior Member
    No need at all to load fat. Focus on whole food to maximise nutrition. Ensure enough protein so your stored fat will be released
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    What's an example day's menu?
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

ludobear is offline Junior Member
    Breakfast (usually several hours into my morning as I simply cannot eat any earlier than 10-11am):

2 egg omelet with peppers and mushrooms, maybe some left over veggies

Lunch (falls late afternoon)

A Green salad with my homemade primal ranch and 2-3oz protein

Dinner (8-9pm)

4oz protein and a variety of vegetables

Snack: 1/4 c mixed berries only if I crave the sweet stuff

frenchie79 is offline Member
    I would increase the proteins you eat.

At first, when I started PB, I was always hungry and I never knew what to eat. I started cooking bigger portions to have leftover meat in the fridge. Whenever I felt hungry, I would just grab a few slices of cold meat from the fridge. What I do now is every week I buy 6 chicken breast, marinate and cook them.... They are our high protein, low far snack for the week. They also go well with a BAS at lunch time.
    5'7'' 130 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html