Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe they're starting to get it? page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Is common sense starting to sneak into CW?

http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100241585&GT1=31036

Not exactly Primal, but pretty darn close. A lot closer than most of the US lives.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I think we've been having a snowball effect ever since Michael Pollan wrote The Omnivore's Dilemma. It's really been picking up size and speed since Food, Inc. hit the theatres.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Looks like my heavily onion / egg based meals will be acceptable to CW then!

CW is only CW because big companies spend money on it, with "added value" "foods". Hard to profit from a raw carrot!

TomD is offline Junior Member

That article was written by Jonny Bowden. He has always gotten it right. His program is similar to Mark's with regards to lower carb, high fat, eat plants and protein and the elimination of processed foods, grains, and sugars.

He is not CW.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Jonny Bowden... never heard of him, but I think I'll look him up. He may not be CW. I was shocked to see something with common sense come out of MSN though. :P

Catalina is offline Member

I've been wondering the same thing about the shift in CW thinking, Diana. Hopefully, we're not just being hopeful. I ran into this on Nutritiondata.com:

http://blog.nutritiondata.com/heart_health_blog/2009/07/saturated-fats-and-cardiovascular-health.html

I get some nutrition data from them, and am always amused that when they give Good and Bad comments about food, Saturated Fat is always BAD. And, interestingly, bagels had no Bad comment, but cabbage did--most of the calories from sugar! Anyway, those types of comments put them squarely in CW, but the blog post from the heart doctor seems to be leaning toward common sense. Here's hoping. . .

Trinkwasser Guest

Of late similar stuff has appeared in the UK in the Daily Mail, a newspaper not noted for the intelligence of its readers, and Saga magazine for the Over Fifties.

They're still a bit paranoid about saturated fats but probably if they weren't the anti-carb articles wouldn't have been published

one small step for a Grok . . .

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

I noticed yesterday on my M&F Hers front cover "Eat Fat to Lose Fat" and an article on "overcoming carb addiction."

Sure, they may not have recommended all "good" fats to the PB, but it's certainly a step in the right direction!

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

I'm sure many here have seen this blog, but if not check it out. A cardiologist that is bucking CW every day. www.heartscanblog.blogspot.com

grandma is offline Member

"Eat natural" seems to be gaining acceptance. My daughter reads fitness mags and generally they recommend low fat, healthy whole grains, But they seem to shun packaged foods and opt for real ingredients over bar coded products.

It is a good start in my opinion.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast