So I started primal in September 2012 and dropped 12-13ish pounds pretty quickly and have felt terrific. However my weight loss is at a frustrating plateau, so I decided to log my calories, fat, protein, carbs for a while to get a sense of what I'm really taking in, knowing I'm probably eating a lot more than I think.

I'm currently hovering at 146 (5'5" female of medium build, 38 years old) and am aiming for about 137-138. Looks like I need to maintain about 1500 or so calories daily with high fat and moderate protein. The fat and protein I feel like I have no problem with, however it is really difficult to stay around that 1500 calorie point but STILL get enough fat and protein to feel satisfied.

I own a dog walking/pet sitting company so I do some walking during the day and probably 4-5 days a week I do a Zuzka Light workout (she is BADASS). My husband was laid off in the fall and was just rehired on a new contract so joining Crossfit or a gym is not something we can afford right now. I also have 2 boys, ages 2 and 8.

Here is a list of what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:
2 eggs, 1/3 of an avocado, coffee with coconut oil, approx 360 cals, 31 grams fat, 5 carbs, 13 protein.

Lunch: 1/2 cup brussel sprouts, 2 cups salad greens with olive oil/vinegar/dijon, a large portion of grocery store rotisserie chicken skin and all (I know, I know, not the best choice but I ran out of time), approx 1000 cals, 65 fat, 17 carbs, 77 protein

Late afternoon Snack, 1/3 can wild salmon and about 2 spoonfuls of homemade mayo, approx 150 calories, 10 grams fat, 13 grams protein

Dinner: a slice of "paleo meatloaf" (yum!), some mashed cauliflower and another green salad with olive oil/dijon/vinegar.

I think I had a spoonful of coconut oil at some point during the day, too.

So in total for the day, that comes out to probably just under 2000 calories, 130ish grams of fat, about 25 carbs and probably 130-140 grams or so of protein. And it was a struggle to stay under 2000. Today went a little better but I still found myself a LOT hungrier than I usually am. Is this typical? I feel like those first few months of primal eating I could eat whatever I wanted in whatever quantity, and now I'm just STUCK. It's 4:30 right now and I feel like I could eat a pound of bacon but I am sipping on a cup of hot water mixed with some ghee, coconut oil, lemon juice and cayenne to keep me satiated until dinner in a few hours. Will my body eventually adapt to the calorie reduction and fat loss kick in?