kot is offline Member
    Shop Now
    here they post a scaling of the main site wod
    CrossFit Brand X Forum| CrossFit WOD

and an explanation of the target audience
    CrossFit Brand X Forum| Programming: Scaling the WOD

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    3 rounds of 50 pull-ups is insane by most everyones standards. I doubt there is many people who can do that.

How about 2 leg assisted pull ups on a low bar?
    they are obviously kipping pullups. aka, not real pullups AT ALL. i would do the assisted pullups like you said you can, with 50% of your weight taken off. or maybe make it a little harder, take 40% off. the lat pulldown idea is a good one too, but if you want to work on pullups, then do pullups
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I ended up with 150 pull-ups on the assisted rig with -70 #, then at some point at -85#. My weight is 132, so that was getting a lot of the load off, but at least I could manage all 150 of them.

The rest of them workouts are pretty good. Todays I really liked, because I thought I can't do Clean and Jerk, and apprently it is actually easier than a push-press. Sure, I have to drop the weight from the recommended, but I am not against trying it. I can modify on the fly, basically just weight and # of reps sometimes. I am afraid that the modified workouts won't be hard enough to have impact. I see how long it took the elite folks to do their workout and kindda match mine to it unless I know I can do all rounds/reps and not worry about time. It's just the sheer number got me stomped - and well, I did it even in my own crooked way.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Yeah, I ended up with 150 pull-ups on the assisted rig with -70 #, then at some point at -85#. My weight is 132, so that was getting a lot of the load off, but at least I could manage all 150 of them.
    Way to go. The fact that you even attempted them is more than most people would do.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    This is why Crossfit gets a bad rap. A workout like that is inappropriate for 99.9% of the population.
    Agreed. I'm a pullup machine, love doing pullups, and do all kinds of them...and 3 sets of 50 is more than I'd consider doing on a pullup workout day.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, Icarian I go through weird swings - in the gym, I feel at ease, and great about doing whatever I chose to do that day, but most other time I feel in the 'whom the hell am I kidding?' sort of way.

Mr. Anthony, I would love to see anyone capable of putting 50 pull-ups in a row & actually capable of doing this particular routine as posted. Since you are running in between, you do get a 6-7 min break between the pull-ups. It was quite alright with the push-ups. I used to run and drop into a smaller sets of push-ups before (10-15) and I love it, very natural feel to it outdoors.

Now, my side neck muscle feel like they were worked. Not traps, not the back of the neck. The sides. Weirdest DOMs ever. The rest are in all the expected places, lol.

I can see the turn off in X-fit workouts, but there is a fun element to it, opening up that page every night and making a plan of the attack It is different from my usual way when I establish a routine and print it out for at least like 12 weeks, with the designed repetitiveness (It's Tuesday, so must be squats). There is also that 'shrug off' attitude. Yeah, we did pull-ups yesterday, and we are doing them today. And a bazillion of them... so what. Kindda fun for me to break every rule that way.

Anyway, I am doing it for a month, as close as I can manage, and then I will see what's next.
    Last edited by Leida; 02-25-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I have certain goals where I want to be able to say, I can do that. I have other goals where I want to be able to train to do something, make a video of me doing it, upload it to youtube, and then never do it again. This is that sort of workout.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12