Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey (gopintos) page 9

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OMG some of those threads out there!! I think I should stay here in my safe zone.

But I am glad I was poking around. Learning there are others in the same boat as I am, this is a good thing.

I have decided to go back to when a fruit was not a carb in my book. So long as I am eating 1 - 3, I am not tripping on it. Anymore than that, I may need to pay attention to things. I also don't eat breads, pastas, etc or other "bad carbs" so I am not tripping on my fruits. This is how I dumb-lucked off the first 60lbs. Maybe I can finally let go of the last 60 or whatever needs to go.

Refeed with some tators and sweet tators as needed according to activity, and I think I need to do a proper refeed on Sundays (or Saturday, whatever) Keep protein high (ish) & keep fats in check. The extra fats.

Body by You, anyone have that? It is the female version of be your own gym. I am starting that tomorrow. I do alot of physical activity, but nothing I can measure, just farm/house work around here that needs done. I am glad that this year I have felt like doing more and more of it myself.

Anyways....... feeling like I am in a good place. Lost a few pounds, that have stayed off. Not the up down up down crap.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Yesterday was family dinner day. Which means some not so primal things, like green bean casserole and peach cobbler. But, I really didnt over do anything. My meat was fresh caught perch out of my pond that I cleaned at the pond, then threw it on the grill. Loved that!

Now today, the scale barely went up. I think that is where FMD really helped me. Gonna low carb it today I think. I am not much hungry for fruit today, and all I really have on hand are apples anyways. Well I always have something frozen - I think I have peaches and bananas ATM, so maybe later.

I did start BODY BY YOU this morning. Did that first. Then had some eggs. Now going to have a protein shake.

Today just feels different. I feel like I can get this thing done. I never doubted that I could reach my goal... eventually.... but I did spend a big part of this past year scratching my head.

Ok so I had a full panel thyroid last week. It came back okay. So even though my morning temps are still low, I am hoping that the things I have done since about April, have been helping.

Could it be as simple as I just exercise too much and don't eat enough? I don't really "exercise" but I do go out of my way to do alot of "stuff". Yesterday, I ate a little bit more, and I did alot less, but what I did was intense for like about 4 minutes. Craig Ballantyne stuff. The scale moved down! Not much, but a little bit anyways.

I am sort of afraid to add in too many calories, and get use to it, as my activity is about to drop way off. I have some projects to get done first, but after that, things like swimming daily will be out. I could do the whole cold water thing, but I just don't know about that. Anyways....... I am hoping the downward trend continues. I would just like to be done with this part. I guess never really done, but it would be nice to have the majority of the fat loss part over, and then fine tune from there, kwim?

Not much to report. I have started many updates since my last one, but just delete them as I just am going in circles.

I just feel sort of lost, and trying to find my way back to weight loss - fat loss.

My macros, when left to my own devices - are about a 3 way split. 1300 - 1600 calories most days. 1800 - 1900 once in awhile, 2300 occasionally. I am not losing, and not gaining. I just try to watch the fat, and make sure I get plenty of protein. Nothing magically seems to be happening regardless of what I do.

I had wondered if I spiked my calories/carbs enough to shake things up. We had a weekend out of town, so I am quite certain that I have had the appropriate spike now. So now I am curious to see what that does once the initial gain is gone.

I gained 5lbs, 1.5 already gone. I usually drink a gallon of water, but had barely a gallon total I am sure. We were on the road alot, and I didnt want to have to stop every hour for a potty break. I paid for it later though My feet and ankles were really swollen.

I dont really know how I should eat. I started doing the Craig Ballantyne workouts a few weeks ago. That may be the reason for no losses. So maybe I will be on the verge of a whoosh.

Just tired of thinking about it all. I think I will redirect my focus to my workouts... but then I will wonder what to eat to maximize the results. I may just shift my focus entirely to work, to building my youth ranch. I have put it on the back burner while I focus on my health and my weight. My health is pretty okay I think. Maybe some day my weight will be also. I am just still pretty self conscious, so I don't want to do the things for "work" that I know I need to do - things that will draw attention to myself - just alot of self doubt and self consciousness.

Dont mean to be a downer this morning. I try to always be the upbeat positive one, so this is one place I can let it out. Usually I just delete it though, no real reason to put it out there for everyone else to read.

Ok so anyways......... since I don't know what to eat, I am just going to eat some tators for awhile. Until I get sick of them, so that probably means until supper That seems to be one of the few things that actually gets the scale moving down consistently. My activities are scaled way back, sort of. So I guess this is a good time. Going to try to fast as long as I can today though. I didnt eat bad foods yesterday, but did eat about 2100 calories.

I am just so ready to get this fat loss thing over. I know it will never be over, but I should just be so much farther along. I am not talking vanity pounds. I am talking another 65 pounds or so, maybe more. 85 wouldnt hurt. So maybe 75. That is almost 100lbs. That I still need to lose. Ugghh. Funny thing is though, I dont feel that fat. I still do all I want to do. I can get on and off my horse. On and off the motorcycle. Swim with the kids. Do most of the work out moves, though those burpee things or whatever about kill me. Even another 65lbs is a lot of overweight. Most of it in my mid-section.

My thigh and arm did go down a little but I don't trust the tape measure either. I have one of those fancy ones, but who knows if I put it on the same spot every single time.

Just so ready to be done. Yet I have not made much progress in the last year to year and a half. Even trying to go back to the beginning is futile.

I know, babbling in circles.

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    I hear you gopintos. You are not alone. It is so very frustrating. You are making better health choices than before primal. You are making progress, but I know the discouragement of the plateau. I wish you the very best. You are valuable and worth the effort. Sending a virtual hug.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I know the feeling exactly, and HUGS!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

You guys are awesome. Thanks

I tried something new yesterday. I tried to NOT track. I did tators till Dinner. Well.... I did end up with a greek yogurt about 4ish, then dinner about 7ish. But I just couldnt Not Track. But I thought I would try to just eat intuitively and see where I ended up at the end of the week.

I did go down another pound. Last time I gained water weight, I fasted the day after, and it was gone pretty quickly. But it was only a few pounds though. This was 5 whole pounds. Uggghhh.

I didnt do my TT yesterday. I was going to be hauling saddles and cleaning out my tack barn instead. Doesnt seem like I did enough though, so I will do my TT here after bit. I was just reading more about the burpee this morning. All the good things it does for you, so I will continue to try to master that. It just really kicks my butt.

Speaking of kicking butt, my daughter has really become obsessed with crossfit. I really admire her determination. She gets up before her boys do while her hubster is home with them, goes to the gym, works out, comes home and gets the boys ready for school, herself ready for work (schoolteacher) and then off they go. She always looked great though and barely 100lbs, but she is really building some muscle. She says she has dropped some inches and the scale has gone up. All good stuff and she inspires me.

Ok, so, the 5lbs of water weight is gone. And about .8lbs of it's buddies (fat? water?)

I have been doing Craig Ballantyne stuff, 3 days a week. Mostly just a brutal finisher after I do some PB basics. Funny thing is, it doesnt feel like a work out. I mean it does, but not like 30 - 60 minutes of cardio. I have always hated cardio though, and always enjoyed ST, so maybe that is why.

I am also usually a little bit hungrier the day AFTER a workout. What is up with that?

So, what am I eating? Just food I guess. I didnt do anything special to get the 5lbs off. Mostly just waited it out. I did start out with tators on Monday, but by 4pm I was off. I have also had a few days of what I would consider high calories for me, but still not up to my BMR. Now this morning, I felt like tators again, w/bone broth this time.

I think the key for me, is going to be to watch the fat. I am not talking about eating franken-lowfat diet foods. Just real food that is lower in fat. I will watch total calories also, but try to keep fat to under 60 grams. I can do that. Not really low fat, I mean what is low fat anyways, but I am not adding extra fat.

Carbs - I am over my phobia. I dont have breads, pastas, etc anyways. I will try to time my carbs better though. Like something starchier after a workout which is in the morning, and maybe not so much later in the day. PHD says carbs at sunset though, so I don't know. I will keep an eye on it and see if weight loss progresses.

Carb refeeds - is that necessary if you are 100 - 200 carbs most daily? Do low GI count and give you the spike you need to reset things? I dunno. But regardless, I am sure I will eat something higher GI at least once on the weekend anyways. Just have to keep an eye on it.

I did notice last night, I woke up hot more than I had been recently. Use to be alot, but lately not so much but last night I was hot. So my sleep wasn't that great. I made a pumpkin chili for dinner, had about 1.5 bowls around 5pm

I am also working out while fasted.

I will also watch my morning temps, though I didn't this morning.

I was reading the Peat thread. Interesting reading, though I dont know what it is all about.

But I think I have figured out a way to eat, foods I enjoy, something I can live with. Hope it works. Wish me luck.

OK, so have been enjoying just eating.

My exercise is going great. Have a structured routine of ST, and some leisurely crap, also some sprint/tabata type stuff once or twice a week. I can really feel some muscles starting to become more visible, like arms and my quads. And I can feel my glutes are getting more solid, though I do have to push to feel it ha.

Okay, so anyways, I am now getting strict with my eating regimen. I am low carbing this week. Will refeed on the 7th day, just one meal. Today is just day one. But so far so good. I can do low carb, but I was getting use to fruit whenever I wanted. And greek yogurt whenever I wanted. So anyways, so far so good. I feel like I am on a "diet" but that is okay. Bodybuilders who are in great shape go on a "diet" now and then when they want to reach certain goals, so I am okay with that terminology.

Anyways, will let you know how things go

5lbs down!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast