Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey (gopintos) page 7

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    You're having amazing results. What does a day of eating look like for you? Congrats to you. I know you must be delighted with your progress!
    Sorry I missed this! I have been a bad girl, not getting over here much

It looks fairly primal, except for steel cut oats most days, except for Wed & Thurs. She allows for beans & legumes, but I havent much yet, there are other more primal foods.

Mon & Tues - protein, carbs (certain fruits and grains but NO wheat) Snack is a fruit
    Wed & Thurs - protein & veggies (no fruits nor grains) Snack is a protein (well you can have lemon & limes)
    Fri, Sat, Sun - protein FAT and certain other fruits, half the grain. Snack is a Fat & Veggie

Veggies are unlimited - but only certain veggies on certain days.
    Eating 5 times, every 3-4 hours. If I am still up at 3-4 hours after dinner, then another snack.
    If you have more than 20lbs to lose, you add 1/2 serving for every 20lbs over the first 20.

It has been super easy. Same foods I was eating, pretty much. Just at certain times and certain days. I do miss greek yogurt though. No caffeine and no dairy.

The idea, if I haven't said it before, is to fix/heal/soothe/optimize thyroid, adrenals, pituitary, liver, body substance
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

calee is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for posting your plan. I'm glad you're feeling good. I'm on day 10 of a strict Whole30 right now and enjoying it.

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    I just ordered the book and was able to see the master food lists for the different phases on the amazon website. So phase 3 looks easily primal with all three macros included. For the first 2 phases it's pretty low fat. No added butter on veggies, right?

What are your breakfasts like in phase 1? Steel cut oats? I admit that after years of avoiding carbs, especially for breakfast, has me nervous. I guess it's just the first two days, right?

I might test my blood sugar after those meals. ( I have PCOS and years ago was close to gestational diabetes)

What do you do for breakfast on phase 2 if no whole eggs?

I hope I'm not pestering you too much. The book should arrive on Saturday.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Correct, no extra fat Mon - Thurs. And many will argue even on MDA that you need to cut the extra fat to lose fat. Not that fat is bad for you, but you have to burn through the dietary fat before you burn through the butt fat. But before long, your body wants fat so you give it fat on Fri - Sun, before it starts to suspect anything.

Maybe that is too simplified but that is how I understand it.

I don't know anything about PCOS but I know the foods are lower on the glycemic index. But I did start adding potato starch just a few weeks ago, for the resistance starch affect. Not her plan but lots of discussion on PHD and also on Free the animal. It has been helping to lower many ppls numbers from blood sugar to cholestrol in addition to helping with weight loss for some.

Everything You Might Want to Know About the Potato - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet

Prepare for the "Resistant Starch" Assimilation; Resistance is Futile | Free The Animal

Resistant Starch: 4-Letter Word? Nope. Goal: Create Mashed Potatoes A Diabetic Can Eat Every Day | Free The Animal

I was a bit nervous about all the carbs also. Yet despite that, most of my weight lost in the first week was actually in the first few days with high carbs (low glycemic index carbs). It was just crazy!

Phase 2, would be perfect if it were steak & the entire egg Sometimes I do just the whites like a veggie omelet. I can have a little extra protein so I might throw some meat in it. Usually, I just have meat of some kind. Meat and veggie.

By the time Friday rolls around, I am so ready & it is heaven! If I start on Monday, then I can have fats on Fri - Sun so it is easier for social occasions, etc.

I do eat the steel cut oats. Other grains on her list are things like wild rice, brown rice, sprouted grains, quinoa, tapioca, etc so maybe something else would work for you.

She allows for beans, which I personally would be okay with since they are soaked anyways, but there are so many other protein choices that I dont hardly have any.

Not pestering me at all I hope it helps, or you at least find some kind of information that you can pull some ideas from or maybe you might be able to adapt it even more primal. I figure once I am done losing the weight, I will adapt my own variation and make it more primal/phd. Or I may just keep it in my bag of tricks and use it if I feel I need it for a week or two, etc.

Anyways, best of luck to you! She put a forum up a few weeks ago but I have been so busy lately that I haven't got to read very many.

I read one of the articles on the RS. How very interesting! Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll do this since it helps with the post meal blood glucose and that's what P1 concerns me with.

I had a look at TFMD forum and honestly it looks pretty discouraging. The largest thread is about slow weightloss/ plateau in the third week. I do think we have a bit of an advantage being primal first. I feel for the people that are so confused and trying so hard to do the right thing.

My Journal

Quick check-in

Yal her forum is new, and I think def. experiencing growing pains. We have a nice little team on SP to share our experiences. I see someone else named Melinda on her forum, and at first I was like... I don't remember writing that! ha

My Wii isn't working right, so I got a new scale, so who knows if it weighs the same, however, I have lost quite a few inches in various places!!

I had some company, and ate off plan, and was paying for it with swollen ankles, etc & I felt like my former tubby(er) self. I have been wheat free for the most part for quite some time, but this was the first time that eating something like that, really made me hurt, made a difference that I could tell. Before, it was just guessing.

Anyways, I was glad that even with the new scale, my weight wasnt as bad as I thought it might be, and the tape measure was very kind to me

Nice to see the check in and congrats on the inches lost!! I'm going to be starting the program on Monday. Along with a comprehensive thyroid blood panel.

My Journal

I am quite happy considering things have not moved much for a very long time.

Neck -.5 (this has not moved since 5/9/12)
    Chest -1.5 (DH says the girls are the same size, so hoping it is back & side fat)
    Waist -3
    Belly Button -5 Yes, minus 5 inches!!
    Hips -2.25
    Calf -.25
    Arm -.75

Now, when I got my new scale, it had a tape measure with it, and so I might be measuring a little bit differently, in either direction, but I dont think THAT much differently.

That's awesome! Way to go!

My Journal

Interesting week.

Last weekend, I did a trail ride with my saddle club. I didnt eat all that badly, but not on my plan either. Result? I was very pleased that it resulted in Zero movement on the scale.

Then....... a toothache flared up. I have been battling gum disease for 15 years. When the infection flared up, the scale went up. This went on until Thursday. Then I had the tooth pulled and now that the infection is going down, the scale is going down. This is the first time I have made this connection with my teeth/gum troubles.

So..... I have made it my goal to find a periodontist and/or dentist that will help me to get rid of this infection and inflammation once and for all. My other dentist, he kept telling me there was nothing he could do until the infection went away. And it just never goes away. For 15 years - I think that is long enough.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast