Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey (gopintos) page 5

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Tators till dinner. Then had fish and salad.

Down .9 today.

I will take it but still so not happy. I guess it is what it is though, but I was just thinking today, as I put on my Weigh-In attire, it is like the official Super Weigh-In Outfit, like Superman or something, but anyways, I have been putting it on weekly then daily, and lately about weekly again, for over a year now. And it still fits. It is no where close to falling off of me. After a year. You would think by now the elastic would be so worn out it would fall off, or rot off. But no.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

calee is offline Senior Member
    I have no advice, just a hug. I'm still trying o get off the five pounds that I put on in the last six months since having a operation, taking a desk job and eating more food. I started Primal eating on 1/1/13. I was eating more cream in coffee etc. jut oesnt work for me. Counting every carb and fat gram, 1200-1400 calories, an hour a day walking and weights 3x a week. No progress. For me I had to decide on whether the party in my mouth (coffee w cream) is the most important. Decided that my jeans fitting better is more important.

Sunday I switched from Myfitnesspal where I have tracked daily for over three years to counting my Weight Watcher points using the Primal Blueprint foods. I was immediately horrified at how many points are in cream and butter with the occasional ounce of nuts. It opened my eyes to why these five are still on me. I'm down a pound since Sunday which is a relief. I'm not hungry eating protein, veggies and some fruit and olive oil. I have worked too hard shedding my morbid obesity to let butter and cream keep me a little fluffy.

So I get the counting, and reading and figuring each angle. I'm right there with you. You've come so far. 70 pounds is awesome. Stik with primal, don't loo for the gimmick that will get it moving again. Or me it takes rock bottom honesty about my motives about what I eat. I see so many success stories here. I want to be one of them. I had to admit I needed a bit more structure than just eat more fat thinking would lose weight. We ate all so unique!

Find joy today and revel in it!

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I have no advice, just a hug. ....

Find joy today and revel in it!
    Thanks I needed that. I repeated your last words a few times, and that really did help I do have lots to be thankful for in my life. Lot's of joy around me if I just would enjoy it, thank you for that reminder

Ok, so I am not going to weigh today. I did a late night impromptu exercise session, and I know I didnt drink enough water yesterday, not like I usually do, so I will wait.

The thread of Up Down Diet, whatever that is called, is interesting. The lowcarbfriends forum, or whatever that is, has a potato thread even, using tators on their Down Days. So that has peaked my interest.

At some point, during the night or just before drifting off to sleep, not sure when but the thought occurred to me that maybe my problem is not my WOE(eating) but maybe it's my WOE(exercising) I am so inconsistent. When I started my journey, and losing at a good clip, I was doing Zumba every other day. I was doing a Slim in 6 most daily. Tabata every couple of days. And I would get on my elliptical for about 10 minutes at a time, 4-6 times per day. But that all seemed to just make me more hungry, so I thought I could better control what I ate w/o exercise, so then I began researching and found primal, and eventually then low carb brought energy to a screeching halt anyways. So not really finding my exercise groove back either.

I was reading about body types yesterday, and some types just need more exercise than others to see results. I think maybe that was in Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. Maybe I am that poor soul. I know some lose the weight solely through diet. I hate cardio. I use to love ST, but that was at the gym and I don't/can't go to the gym anymore so just having a hard time making myself do it with just body weight exercises. I dont mind the slim in 6 stuff, until it gets to the floor exercises at the end, the ab stuff just kills me so a few weeks ago, when I tried to get back into a routine, I would do it up until the floor, so still about 30 minutes worth of like a circuit ST.

Babbling now. That happens early morning while the house is still quiet.

Exercise desire goes in spurts for me. The one thing that I do always enjoy is walking, so I do that pretty happily. I have a 5k path around a lake in front of my house. I ask friends to walk or hike with me several times a week to keep me inspired. Last night we walked then came into the gym to do weights. I had an exciting breakthrough. In my gym is a vertical leg pull up standing structure. The last time I tried it I weighted 100 pounds more and nearly ripped my arm out of the socket. Yesterday my friend suggested I try it. I said no because last time I just about needed physical therapy. Yesterday I was able to do 3 sets of 3. Now I can try to improve that! It's going to be an addition to my arm and ab workout.

Is there any sort of movement that you could do for a bit today tht might be fun? I find tht once I start getting back into something, my body craves it.

Have a fun day!

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Exercise desire goes in spurts for me. The one thing that I do always enjoy is walking, so I do that pretty happily. I have a 5k path around a lake in front of my house. I ask friends to walk or hike with me several times a week to keep me inspired. Last night we walked then came into the gym to do weights. I had an exciting breakthrough. In my gym is a vertical leg pull up standing structure. The last time I tried it I weighted 100 pounds more and nearly ripped my arm out of the socket. Yesterday my friend suggested I try it. I said no because last time I just about needed physical therapy. Yesterday I was able to do 3 sets of 3. Now I can try to improve that! It's going to be an addition to my arm and ab workout.

Is there any sort of movement that you could do for a bit today tht might be fun? I find tht once I start getting back into something, my body craves it.

Have a fun day!
    That is awesome! Good for you!

If I do anything.... I enjoy it afterwards. I think it is just making myself do it initially. I have lots I want to do outside, so when the weather cooperates, that will help. Things I like...hmmm... When I was trail riding every day, and taking others and saddling up 8 horses... I lost 30lbs! But then things happened (house fire) and I gained 60lbs in a year, and didnt even want to ride my horse anymore. But this year... I am changing ALL THAT!!

I am a sucker for the latest and greatest. Just yesterday, I bought and downloaded like 51 4-minute burst type exercises. Haven't looked at it yet. Last week, I was at Barnes and Noble and saw the book I wanted to buy online, but I thought I would rather have something in my hand to flip through, so when I saw it, it was fate haha. The woman's version of Be Your Own Gym. Havent looked at it since either.

I have about 12 dvds of Slim in 6. I have about 4 Zumbas. I have the Momma wants her Body back - havent done it yet. I would really like to do T-Tapp and have the book, which is hard to follow in book form, so I don't even know where to start. But when I was in peak physical fitness, I was ST - ST something daily, and finishing off with about a 30 minute bike or something (which I hated) But I think I could really get into walking (with some bursts)

I love your trail! I mowed a trail here last year, with a PUSH MOWER! Now THAT was exercise every week. We live in the country so I could walk forever. One time when my step son was here, he timed out a 5K on our gravel road.

So... I have NO EXCUSES. I think what I need, I need a routine. A time management routine. For all areas of my life. But I really need to figure out what time to do what exercises.

Now that I think about it, when I did exercise before, I was on a schedule. I made sure I was home for exercise time. I would do 10 minutes on the elliptical at the top of the hour. I just did what I was suppose to do, when I was suppose to do it.

I need that again. I think that is why I bought the 14 day rapid weight loss thing, cuz it said eat this on one day and do these exercises. 14 days worth. It is sort of a calorie/carb cycling depending on the exercise for that day.

I think that is part of my trouble also. Just too many things I could/should do! ha. I know the key to success, is to follow just ONE thing through to the end. Most of these gurus will tell you as much also. I have a plan for the day, and then I get on the computer and start reading all this other stuff and that leads to reading/researching this & that .....

So limit computer time until after exercise time. At least work it into my schedule somehow, maybe only emails before exercise. No MDA or researching until I do what I need to do for the day. I really need to stay on course for the day. I am so easily sidetracked but mostly because I start researching and reading online.

I guess that would probably mean that I need to exercise first thing, and get it out of the way, which I do like it when I have done that, but others talk about more optimal time to exercise. But I guess for me to be optimal, I need to do it when I am most likely to do it. I feel more like doing stuff (exercise wise) about mid morning, and maybe later afternoon. I don't know about first thing. I need to think about this. My walks, are usually early evening and sometimes I can get my sister to go with me after work. If I did it first thing, I might be able to get DH to do something also.

Ok, lots to think about. My goal for today, is to get a schedule. I have no reason not to fit everything into my day. No excuses.

I think the most optimal time for me to exercise, is anytime I'll do it! I have to agree bout the structure and commitment. That's why I love exercising with others. I might say no to myself, but I won't break an exercise date. Take it slow and just keep adding things in.

You have a lot of "stuff". Maybe just pick anyone of them and do it. Having been morbidly obese, I was always looking for the next right thing. I still find myself looking for the right experiment or hack that will melt off the last 10 pounds. So I guess I'll just eat primal, move and trust the process!

ok well... wii fit is driving me bonkers. won't come on, so I can not weigh. I did take some measurements. I think things have gone down. who knows if my measuring was accurate last time or not, but most things went down, at least a little.

I have done alot of tators during the day. But then i eat dinner, sometimes a greek yogurt w/fruit. Calorie cycling by trying to do a lower one day, higher the next, inspired but the up down diet thing. Except my down day is usually more like 700 calories and not under 500.

i try to at least wait until mid morning to eat, so about 16 hours, but then it seems like i want something, even if just a small tator, every 2-3 hours. but that is the way i started out losing weight, so just going with it.

this morning though, i was just hungry for eggs... with tomato and avocado and little cheese. it was delish.

so, I dont have any words of wisdom or revelations. I am just going with the flow for now.

Ok, well, my new Wii Fit disk arrived, so I could weigh myself on the Wii. So after a week of not weighing, I was hopeful that I had lost some. I mean I FEEL like I have. Things seem distributed around a little differently anyways, for the better.

But nooooooooo.... it said up .7 You think it is defective and I should get my money back?! Well something is defective, that is for sure.

Bummed you ask? Well I should be. But I am not. I ate good. I got in a TOOOOOOOOOOOOON of good ole exercise outside last week. So I do not know what I am, but I am not bummed.

In fact, for some strange reason, I feel pretty good. I have some clear plans, both with working with my foundation and with my health goals. So maybe each will help me to stay focused and on track with the other.

I am going to try something with my diet for the next 28 days. Some may see it as a Primal step backwards. I am going to try to go back to some of the things that helped me to see success in the beginning of my journey, before Primal. Things like - I never drank coffee before, so that is going. I use to always eat breakfast, so I am going to start doing that again. I use to eat about every 3 hours or so, so I am going to start doing that again. I started eating legumes in the beginning of my journey, I am going to start doing that again. It will be sort of a cycle of carbs & fats. Calories maybe a little cycling also. Oh, I am cutting out dairy. EEGADS!! I don't have alot, but I do like a little greek yogurt and a little cottage cheese most daily, so that might be the hardest part. But it is only 28 days, not forever, unless I choose to after that time.

I'll check back maybe every week. Or maybe just surprise you at the end of 28 days! No, I doubt I can do that. Cuz I will either be happy about it, or bitch'n about it way before then

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    I've been wondering where you are! Good to see you posting and I'm looking forward to seeing how your 28 days go. Good luck, and keep up the good work you've already been doing!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Good luck with your 28 days. I hope you check in before the end!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast