Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey (gopintos) page 3

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    You're very pretty.
    Awe shucks

Hey this is a good follow. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread79235.html

I have been reading alot about this and following links from this thread, and then this link leads to that link.... Anyways, I think maybe I still am not eating enough, I don't know. Which means I may not be quite peaked on my gains yet, I dont know.

The loss I thought I had, was cancelled out by some soy sauce... I think. So I am hoping after that is out of my system, I am still a little ahead, I don't know.

Anyways, starting Monday, I thought I would up my game in the fitness department. Pay attention to my food intake, time my carbs better like more carbs on ST days. Lower carb on other days. Well...I thought I wanted to do this, but maybe I am not ready and should still just focus on getting my calories back up? But I should be able to do both though, right?

The good news, I saw another friend today, that I havent seen for a couple months, and she asked me how much more weight I have lost. Well......... I havent lost ANY more weight since I have seen her. So maybe some things are shifting around, although my measurements didnt show much change, but then again, I don't measure every.single.place.

So I don't know.

So anyways, DH has been enjoying the benefits of my feeling better & increased energy. If ya know what I mean.... <insert cheesy grin here>

I started taking my temps. Ok, well I remembered to take it one day, but I want to START remembering to take it each morning. The other morning, I had been up for a few hours actually, before I remembered, and it was 97.5. I guess I will see how the temps go and see if/when I need to go for a check up. I don't know what the doctor could do anyways, like if I messed up my thyroid or something, or messed something else up, I don't know.

So anyways, I have been amazed at how hungry I have been and can not believe that I was full on 12,13, or 1400 calories. I hope I never have to go back down to those calories, cuz it might be hard to do.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

From that other thread, this website was posted. It has a link to a little calculator also, for BMR and TDEE.

Eat More 2 Weigh Less | Take your life back, one meal at a timeEat More 2 Weigh Less | Take your life back, one meal at a time

Pretty sure I have still not been eating enough. Really going to work on that this week.

I managed 1600 over the weekend, with no exercise.

Today, geesh. I am not anticipating any trouble eating today. I have already had breakfast, snack, lunch, and still hungry. This was all before 9!! But in all fairness, I have been up since 2 a.m. And I did my workout already.

Ok, I have not been weighing daily. But every few days. And up about .2 every few days. uggghh

Not tripping.... yet.....

I started a new workout schedule yesterday. Yesterday was ST and I havent done lunges for awhile, and I am feeling it today. Yesterday ended up with 1731 calories.

Today, is HIIT day. Low Carb day. Breakfast was delish. Couldnt finish it all. 3 eggs with 3 oz of ground beef, onions & spinach. Topped with 1oz of cheese. Nom Nom Nom. I have enough leftover for a snack for later.

I should have done my exercise before breakfast, but I had too much going on this morning and I wanted to go ahead and break fast. Otherwise it would have been too easy to grab a banana or something later without thinking, and I really want to try to stay on plan of low carb today.

Shoot forgot my temp again today.
    I slept great last night. Probably at least 8 hours. The night before was about 5. Sometimes I am hit and miss. I was doing so well there for awhile too.

OK so today, coming in at 1991. Kept carbs under 50. Fat was 61%. Tomorrow will be a higher carb day and ST.

Enjoying that site sbhikes posted. Molly Galbraith | A Guide to Fitness & Health

According to her numbers, I still don't have my calories up high enough.

She had more info on body temps. Upon researching, and looking back in October when I took my temps, my morning temps were too low. I wish I would have known what it meant. Or what it could have meant anyways. I need to chart it this week and maybe schedule a doctor's appt and get my thyroid checked.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're doing great - I STRONGLY second the motion that you do schedule that appointment with your doc. There's nothing to lose, and you'll gain peace of mind if your results show that your thyroid is functioning optimally, and even more to gain if you learn that it isn't and can get that remedied. The difference between a tanked level of thyroid hormone and an optimal one is night and day and nothing short of life changing.

I've been enjoying Molly Galbraith's site as well since sbh posted it - I dig that she values strength so much. She is so enthusiastic about learning the science behind approaches that are effective as well as those that aren't - I love that she shares a good amount of valuable info.

How are you feeling overall, as far as energy, mood, etc.? Good for you on the 8 hours of sleep, by the way. I can't remember the last time I got anywhere near that, even with heavy sleep meds on board!
    Last edited by GoJenGo; 03-06-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

uugggghhh

I really thought after a high fat day I would see a loss. ugggghh Not a gain of 1.1

I did eat some more after DH got home. I came at 2334 and not 1991. AND it hasnt been 12 hours since I last ate, but I weighed anyways.

My temp first thing this morning was 97.2

My energy is good. My mood is good. I probably got 9 hours of sleep last night. Woke up a few times but went back to sleep. I have been taking melatonin.

I am going to try to get an appt for Friday morning.

What is a good chart for BMR?

There's a 400 calorie difference between Sparkpeople and the Calorie Calculator I use when I calorie cycle. Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

SP is actually higher BMR, but the top of my range is lower than the lowest on calorie cycle. Weird.

I don't know. I just know that I weigh now, what I weighed a month ago, AND what I weighed around August 24. arrgghh

How timely
    9 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple

I just emailed Paul of PHD. I know he is busy. Will see what he says. Might try PB email support. Will see what the doctor says on Friday. Go from there.

I heard back from Paul right away. He is such a nice person, willing to help.

I don't know my plan for today yet. I have to fast for in the morning for my bloodwork, which is no big deal. BUT.................. I weighed. And the scale went down 2lbs! Yeah me!

See, I get just enough downward, that I feel like I am making progress.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast