Thread: Warrior Grok ! page

manofsteel is offline Junior Member

Warrior Grok !

Primal Fuel
    Hi Grok, I want to shred and increase my weight loss fast. I think about something, need to know if some of you already try this. I'm use to the primal life, on it since couple of years, lost 100 pounds from this, but I need to lose another 30 pounds. Here my plan, I red the book Warrior Diet from Ori Hofmekler (www warriordiet com). This diet is very popular in the fighter community. It's a kind of I.F. You can find a description of the diet here: Warrior Diet .

My interrogation is about to mix this with the primal blue print fat loss nutrition, instead of eating Hofmekler food list, I will eat Sissons food list. Does someone already try this?
    Eat a mammoth for breakfast, eat a sabre tooth tiger for dinner and eat a squirrel for supper !

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a great plan! The problem I have with WD is that it doesn't take in primal food choices, so subbing primal foods is a great idea and similar to how I have been doing it.

I like the WD because it along me to train in the fasted state which I swear by.

Good luck!

Go Tribe is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I am sort of doing this already. I IF about 3 days a week already, work out fasted, then eat a late dinner...
    Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
    2/16/13 at 241 pounds
    Goal is 223 pounds or less

isn't it great?

feren6 is offline Member
    Fasting is bad-ass. I've been fasting on a (more or less) 16/8 hour fasting/feeding schedule, and I can see myself doing it for a long, long time.

Benefits:

-Convenient. No longer have to worry about when to eat.
    -Increased focus.
    -Fat loss.

And the best one...
    -Stuffing your face with food and not gaining a single ounce of fat

I'll have to look more into the Warrior Diet protocol, as I'm not familiar. I know Leangains is 16/8, while Eat Stop Eat does 24-hour fasts.

Interesting. Thanks.

Hey Feren6 - Your interview with Richard N was epic. The "F### the vegans" comment was brilliant! Since you live in Philly, are you familiar with "Relentless Rodger/Caveman Doc"? They are located in you area. Check them out if you haven't.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
    My interrogation is about to mix this with the primal blue print fat loss nutrition, instead of eating Hofmekler food list, I will eat Sissons food list. Does someone already try this?
    Yep. That's how I eat all the time. A small snack sometime during the day but often only coconut cream in my tea. Then one big meal in the evening.

feren6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson44 View Post
    Hey Feren6 - Your interview with Richard N was epic. The "F### the vegans" comment was brilliant! Since you live in Philly, are you familiar with "Relentless Rodger/Caveman Doc"? They are located in you area. Check them out if you haven't.
    Thanks man! He's definitely a character.

I'm a tad familiar with Relentless Fitness..I bought a 1/8th cow-share from them back in the Fall. I'll look into Caveman Doc.

Rock on

Really enjoy your website!

Check out their podcast "Relentess rodger and caveman doctor" . Also, at relentless fitness they have paleo dinner meet ups.

Take care,
    Jack

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I've eaten this way for about two years or so now. It just feels natural, and it's great not to have to be worrying about preparing food multiple times a day. Plus, I LOVE eating huge meals. So the ability for me to do so without worrying about going over my daily allotment of calories (and not even having to track them either) is freakin' awesome.

I am not a fighter or a huge weight-lifting type or anything like that. What I do is mostly for my own health overall. That said, I see no need to utilize the "light snacks" that Ori recommends or even the whey protein he suggests for lifting activities. If I were going for more performance-based reasons I might try that, but as it is, I just eat once a day, a large, primal, and delicious meal and I've lost a lot of excess fat doing this.

I had already lost a lot of weight before I started this, but it was done on a very typical, CW cardio your ass off method that still left me with a fair amount of fat in unwanted places on my body. I started eating al la Warrior Diet before I had even heard of Ori Hofmekler on the advice of a few blogs I had read and fat started coming off. This was before I even went primal so I was still eating a lot of the typical CW crap, just once a day. However, when I decided to go primal the fat loss ramped up even more. I honestly have not lost much weight since going primal (did that before I went down this path) so I merely wanted to eliminate the excess fat which I seem to have done nicely eating this way. I seem to have done so while maintaining my lean mass levels which is a great thing, maybe I've even increased them a bit.

Just my experience. It's not for everyone of course, so don't take me as some kind of expert, or preacher or what have you, on the virtues of the Warrior Diet. And I certainly can't attest to it necessarily ramping up my athletic performance in any way. But for my overall health and fitness it has been pretty dang useful.