Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oil Chocolate recipe page 2

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Not sure bout the choc-bacon, but everything else sounds great.

Paleobird Guest
    I wonder if coconut flour would work instead of the shredded coconut. Anybody tried that?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    In Ukraine they make chocolate covered salo. Salo is basically bacon, just lightly cured. Chocolate does go with savory applications....

And thank you, Sambo. Gotta try it as treats once we run out of the chcolate bar in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Leida; 02-22-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I wonder if coconut flour would work instead of the shredded coconut. Anybody tried that?
    Well, don't think you can go far wrong, if you start with organic cocoa and coconut oil, then have a play around getting the textures right, even a fail will probably have little resistance down the gullet, already drooling like Homer Simpson with donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    In Ukraine they make chocolate covered salo. Salo is basically bacon, just lightly cured. Chocolate does go with savory applications....
    Fair enough may be worth a try, but if succesful, could become an iron clad addiction.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Yum, with some shredded coconut and cherries

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I've used almond flour, blend it in and it kinda makes it creamier and sweeter, more like milk chocolate but not really, so I imagine coconut flour will work fine. Didn't work as well just stired in though.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    I just used this recipe with coconut flour instead of grated coconut and it came out nicely! I used it to make almond butter cups (and topped each with some coconut chips). Awesome!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    I just used this recipe with coconut flour instead of grated coconut and it came out nicely! I used it to make almond butter cups (and topped each with some coconut chips). Awesome!
    Yep, I made some last night too with c flour. I put mine in a mini muffin pan about 1/2 inch deep so they turned out like little hockey pucks. Tasty hockey pucks.

I added some cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne, and salt. The c flour added enough sweetness that I didn't use any sugar at all. (Caveat here. I eat 100% bakers chocolate too.)

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I made this yesterday with equal parts unsweetened cocoa powder and vanilla protein powder, and some sliced almonds on top. Definitely a calorie bomb but it was such a treat after lunch, and I had very little appetite for dinner.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We do coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey and then "extend" it from there as we wish (coconut, nuts, dried fruits, whatever).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast