Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mama~Mare gone Primal page 3

Mama~Mare is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Almost 4:00 Having a snack: Sautéed purple kale and 2 hard boiled eggs. Mixed the yoke with 1/4 of an avocado.

Did some housework and reading. Chopped up all the veggies in the fridge so they are ready for snacking or roasting. I have some chicken thighs looking mighty sexy in a coconut vinegar brine with fresh garlic and herbs. Never done a brine before, hope it's tasty.

Feeling pretty good today. Earlier on my walk I was reminded that I believe we are spiritual beings and that when I'm in touch with my spirituality I am most content. It's where my focus needs to be. The past 6 weeks I've been so focused on PB and understanding it............of course that has resulted in thinking about food constantly.

All too often it's easy to become off center and forget that contentment and satisfaction do not come through outward things....i.e. your job, relationships, health, material possessions, the perfect eating plan....etc...these things can heighten your sense of contentment and satisfaction...........ultimately it comes from with in

Bleh..........started this thing at 115 lbs..........120 lbs this morning..........not cool..........time to stop being a Primal PIG

Sunday, funday........

Woke up this morning and our 8 yr old was already up. We played some backgammon and checkers over my 1st 2 cups of coffee....

At 8:00 Made us some eggs cooked in bacon fat with a side of fresh berries. I also had some broccoli and brussel sprouts.

I went to church by myself and then to the gym to lift heavy. Felt really strong today, what a great feeling that is!

Came home and at 1:00 had some romaine topped with kale and chicken sautéed in bacon fat......YUM

Tried to take the dog for a walk. Both of us bit it on the icy driveway and it started to rain.......maybe when my ass has been Primal for longer than 7 weeks I'll get up and brush that off and keep walking. Instead I came in and poured a cup of coffee........and here I sit

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama~Mare View Post
    Sunday, funday........

Woke up this morning and our 8 yr old was already up. We played some backgammon and checkers over my 1st 2 cups of coffee....

At 8:00 Made us some eggs cooked in bacon fat with a side of fresh berries. I also had some broccoli and brussel sprouts.

I went to church by myself and then to the gym to lift heavy. Felt really strong today, what a great feeling that is!

Came home and at 1:00 had some romaine topped with kale and chicken sautéed in bacon fat......YUM

Tried to take the dog for a walk. Both of us bit it on the icy driveway and it started to rain.......maybe when my ass has been Primal for longer than 7 weeks I'll get up and brush that off and keep walking. Instead I came in and poured a cup of coffee........and here I sit
    Rest is primal.....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Rest is primal.....
    Yes, you are right, thank you for that reminder I just really love walking my dog and being outside

Yesterday was fairly decent...........:

6am: coffee w/ heavy cream, 1/4 cup fresh blueberries and 1 homemade primal muffin (cocoa powder, almond butter, butter, eggs and honey) I tried the no breakfast thing on the days that I go to the gym and my workouts were lacking

8am ~ 8:45: 16 minute circuit with moderate weight 8 different exercises, treadmill at the highest incline and a steady walk, finished with stretching

9 am: Office time.......1 clementine, 2 eggs, coffee with heavy cream

1pm: Ready for lunch! 1 Italian sausage atop steamed broccoli, brussel sprouts, kale, dandelion greens, rainbow chard and coconut oil

4:30: Walnuts and 1 clementine, coffee with cream

7:30: 8oz cabernet (organic no sulphites) 3 strips of bacon, 1/2 a burger, romaine, roasted greens, broccoli, brussel sprouts and garlic. For desert 1/4 cup blueberries and a spoon of almond butter.

I felt satisfied all day!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama~Mare View Post
    Yes, you are right, thank you for that reminder I just really love walking my dog and being outside

Hey, even a busted clock is right twice a day!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Hey, even a busted clock is right twice a day!

LOL! So true!

So, the day off is well underway......I'm taking a snack break: 1/2 a cold Italian sausage, 1/4 of an apple, celery sticks and almond butter........strange combo, but it's what sounded good

Had breakfast at 7:00 homemade muffin and a huge mess of greens sautéed in a tsp of bacon fat.....coffee and heavy cream

Got all the kids and hubby out the door and now the house is ripped apart so I can give it a good deep clean....as I'm cleaning I'm getting caught up on the phone with friends and family. The troubles of my loved ones are breaking my heart.......I know we each have our own journey we must walk through.........a time to weep and a time for joy.........

My sweet 4 legged pal has been waiting patently for a walk.....the sun is shining and I'm looking forward to getting out there with him.........my mind will welcome the silence and solitude the rhythm of walking brings

Welp it's Saturday and I'm working on my second cuppa joe...............yum...........I love being up early on a Saturday knowing that there isn't the M~F routine of alarm clocks and getting the fam and myself out the door on time. I only have to get DD and myself out the door by 8:30 on Saturdays and then we get to hang out for the day with music lessons, grocery shopping and whatever else we feel like doing. We both look forward to our time together.

Been doing ok in the food department. Been keeping it Primal and was able to cut back on portion sizes and fat consumption.

I definitely prefer eating a few times through out the day. Kudos to anyone who can eat 1 big meal a day, my body is just not there. Who's to say I won't be there in the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123