Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mama~Mare gone Primal page 2

Mama~Mare is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Thursday, what's up!?

5 am dishes are done, coffee in hand

Yesterday was decent, I noticed a few things.
    #1. On the days that I eat breakfast early, like 6 am early, I am actually hungrier all day.
    #2. I also added in some more carbs (fruit and honey), that also equals hungrier all day.
    #3. Too much coffee and not enough water also equals hungry all day no matter how much fat you put in your coffee.
    #4. Before I leave the office, send DD a text so that she can start prepping the food she and her younger bro want for dinner.
    #5. The big teens and hubby can fend for themselves.

Here is yesterday:

5 am coffee with coconut milk, cream and coconut oil

6 am a grapefruit with 1/4 of these muffins I make ( eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey, and phsyllum husk) on the 1/4 of muffin I drizzled coconut milk and almond butter

7:30 to 8:45 Gym time: weights with squat jumps, 1/2 burpees, planks and bear crawls, followed by 20 mins on the treadmill (10 mins with the incline at 15 2.5 speed and 10 mins zero incline with sprints at 7.5)

9:00 office with more coffee and by 9:30 I was feeling starved. I knew I would be having a good workout so I brought a "Rise" bar, we also keep some at the office (only 3 ingredients: whey, almond butter and honey) So I ate that and did not feel the least bit satisfied. I wanted meat and fat.

1:00 Im pretty much feeling lethargic (it's also that time of the month which doesn't help) So I grab my lunch that I brought from home and take a break. I had sautéed veggies and rotisserie chicken doused in olive oil.

2:00-6:15 Back in the office. Thankfully at 2:00 my boss made us some "bullet proof coffee" with grass fed butter and MCT so that gave me a little perk. (Yes, I have the worlds coolest boss who is also primal!)

By 6:45 when I got home I could have eaten an entire buffalo. I sautéed kale and some other veggies with more leftover chicken and made myself eat with chopsticks so I wouldn't hoover the whole plate down in one bite. Of course I followed that with a double almond butter chaser........

By 8:00 my entire family was smacking butter popcorn, so I went to my room with my book and was out by 8:30.

This morning I feel pretty good. My muscles are sore

Plan to put off breakfast as long as possible today. It's a day off and I Plan to spend the day with my 18 year old. He said he wouldn't mind going to the gym and out to lunch. We just got some fresh powder I may try to talk him into a winter hike instead of the gym.........

Ahhh, almost the end of the day..........

There's a turkey meatloaf in the oven and a mass amount of veggies smothered in olive oil roasting in the pizza oven............smells nummy in the homestead.....

Today has been fairly decent:

I made it to 9 am and then had 1 HB egg chopped up with some carrots and romaine drizzled with olive oil.

Hung out with my 18 yr old and took the dog for a hike in the fresh powder............felt the friggin burn in the legs! Mid way I was hat, glove and jacket free sweating like a swine. Thankfully DS opted not to go for lunch

1:30 made a sautee with kale (I'm addicted right now) cauliflower, carrots, chicken, Canadian bacon ghee and olive oil.

2:30-3:30 took a nap with my dog had a cup o coffee when we got up

Kids came home etc...etc....

It's almost 7:00 and I'm just now getting hungry.

I wonder why I am so much hungrier on days that I'm at the office? Is it that my brain is fried and crying out for energy?

Friday morning! I have been fighting myself tooth and nail to keep my thoughts positive.........really fighting the urge to just be bitchy......balls out bitch~fest.........why are there days when the negative just seems easier?

This is my test for the day.........fight the bitch with in......good vs evil..........the uphill battle..........anyone can take the easy road........anyone.........gonna dig down deep and find the positive primal woman that I know lives with in me.........the one who allows the bull~shit to slide off her shoulders like melted ghee sliding out of the sauté pan with those beautiful veggies.......the woman who is genuine and compassionate and speaks words of wisdom.........the woman who can set her mind on the good shit in life and smile like she means it...........that's who I'm digging for...........

she's in there, I've spent time with her and I fucking love her................she's fun to be around, makes you feel better about yourself and you truly believe you can achieve anything...............

Wheeeew! I feel better already

So far today I've had coffee with coconut milk, cream and coconut oil

Just had a hardboiled egg and a spoon of almond butter.

will get to the gym at 8:00

Office by 9:00

MMMM how I love me some Saturday!

I get to spend every Saturday with my DD taking her to and fro..........music lessons and we grocery shop together. We usually go for lunch and bring a deck of Uno cards along. She likes Panera and I have found they are pretty good at stepping up to my Primal requests. They also have these neat little individual packets of olive oil. It's amazing what you find if you just ask!

Yesterday was a better workday as far as hunger was concerned. I stayed away from any fruit and the rise protein bars that have honey in them.

5am Fatt~a~licious coffee

7:30 hardboiled egg and spoon of almond butter

8 - 9 Gym time! Worked on my balance

9 office spoon of almond butter and hot tea with coconut oil

I felt satisfied and started to get quite hungry around 12:30

12:30 Leftover turkey meatloaf and roasted veggies

2:00 bullet proof coffee ala Boss man

Hunger didn't hit me until 6:30 when I was headed home

7:30 half a bottle of wine the rest of the leftover chicken, a beautiful hot mess of sautéed kale and ghee, 1 large carrot with some almond butter and I did treat myself to a couple hand fulls of homemade popcorn in coconut oil..............as a result I was hyper and slept like shit.........lesson learned...............

Morning! Drinking my fatt~a~licious coffe, damn it's good!

So, yesterday. It was a decent day:

6am fatt~a~licious coffee

8:30 DD and I left for Piano lessons. I had tea with coconut oil for the drive.

Went for a 20 min walk while she was in her lesson

We ran through Cost-co before her Oboe lesson.

I took another 20 minute walk during that lesson.

12:00 Feeling hungry but not lethargic......... Panera for lunch: Field greens, kalmata olives, a few segments of mandarin orange, chicken, feta and 2 pkts of olive oil. Ate 1/4 of the apple that comes on the side

Hit 2 more grocery stores and then home to put all our "foraging" away.

4:00 made 2 batches of muffins. Ate some batter and 1/2 a muffin (ing: coconut oil, eggs, almond butter, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla and baking soda) I make these mainly for my daughter who is a toothpick and a vegetarian. She has no idea that each muffin is close to 400 calories and 25 grams of fats She takes one in her lunch daily

7:00 Grass fed burgers with grass fed bacon........holy shit yum! On the side roasted beets, gold beets, baby turnips, broccoli, garlic and onions. Drank another 1/2 a bottle of wine and had an entire muffin for dessert.

I think I ate the whole friggin cave for lunch! I ate at 1:00 and am still stuffed. I think I will be skipping dinner tonight.

6am fatt~a licious coffee
    lots of reading and cleaning of the kitchen

10 am did the church thing. I love to hear a message, but holy shit, I hate the worship part. Church music has got to be the worst music on the planet! I'm also disturbed at how "cookie cutter" churches are. You can walk into any church around here and know what's coming. Announcements, worship, pass the tithe plate and then the message.

The message was good. It was on managing your emotions. Something I clearly need

After church DH and I walked for an hour in the woods

Then I had the salad of all salads! It was a monster! My 8 yr old wanted bacon for lunch so then I topped my salad with the bacon grease. That's what made it so filling. I don't know if I will ever be hungry again.........I'm actually almost a little grossed out. I'm over satiated.

Morning!

It's 8 am and I just finished breakfast. I haven't wanted breakfast in a few days, but this morning I could feel a lack of energy and I was actually hungry.

I had my fatt~a~licious coffee at 6 and did some reading and journaling. Then did 30 mins of easy yoga. Suddenly I was weak and extremely hungry. Not to mention the fact that my 8 yr old was hungry too! (Snow day for the kiddos today)

Breakfast: 1/4 of a grapefruit ( it occurred to me this morning that I don't have to eat the whole damn thing!)
    Leftover roasted broccoli and cauliflower from last night. A thin slice of last nights pork roast with an egg cooked on top. It was a delicious and satisfying meal. I will be curious to see how long I stay full.

I'm now on a second cup of coffee with coconut milk......

11:30 and just had a snack.........ok it was probably bigger than a snack..........I took 3 small romaine leaves and filled them with my 8 yr olds left over burger from the other night. Sprinkled it with coconut vinegar, sea salt and a bit of cottage cheese.......super tasty!

I was going to try and hold off until 1 or 2:00 but I was feeling hungry..............all part of listening to my body.........

It's so wild to me how every day is so different in terms of hunger and what sounds good

Ended up still feeling hungry and shaky at 12:30 so I had a homemade PB friendly muffin, raw celery and cauliflower, some walnuts and 2 TBS of almond butter.

DD and I started a movie and I fell asleep for an hour. Then we took the dog for a 45 min walk in the snowy woods. It's after 4:00 and I still feel uncomfortably full.

I think it's time for me to start cutting down on my portions of fats. I'm not as lean as when I started the PB over a month ago. I allowed myself to pig out and it's time to start fine tuning things so that I don't put on 10 lbs. My portion sizes have been astronomical as well. I eat until I'm uncomfortable and it's not a good feeling.

My carbs have definitely been at 75 grams a day or lower. But since I've gone overboard on fats and portion sizes I'm putting on weight.

I will get this ironed out at some point!

PrimalCon New York
    Day off

6 am through 10am coffee (heavy cream) and water
    1 spoon of almond butter

Did some errands with 18 year old

Was feeling famished by 10:30 had some leftover beets and onions with some pork and 1/4 of an apple. Kept my portion size "normal" and felt satisfied

Took the dog for an hour walk.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast