Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it really love if it's unrequited? page 2

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i think unrequited love is possible, and can be a true and heartfelt emotion

unless it's cause you just like looking at them from across the street, that's just stalking
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Stalking shows you really love them
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    why say it with flowers when you can say it by creeping outside her window?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Unrequited love is an intense feeling: longing, desire.

Love is actually quite different in overall feeling -- in my experience. I've experienced both.

So, I would say, No, unrequited love is not love. It is longing.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post

A parent loves their baby from the moment they are born- we have no idea at what point the baby loves the parent back. It's still love.
    Not true for me. I did not love my child the moment they were born, but I did love my child the moment they were born. I guess it depends on how love is defined. if it about a feeling then I did not love my child until a few months went by. If it is about doing something for the other person that is in their best interest, then I did love my baby by feeding him, touching him (cause I heard that was a good thing to do for brain development), and taking care of his needs.

The love feeling? I don't trust that at all, it is very deceiving.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I just don't see it.

Romantic love is (among other things) communicating on some insanely intimate level and trusting your innermost feelings and insecurities and fantasies and pretty much EVERYTHING with another person. I just don't see how that's possible when only one of you is attempting to communicate/share on that level.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post

Why has Taylor Swift NOT written THIS song?
    Erm, because someone might actually stab her if she does I swear, the other one made my ears bleed.

Sure, it can be love if it's unrequited, but it's a fanciful notion. Fine if the bearer understands that, but can become dangerous if not.

Hell, I'm just the teensiest bit in love with my trainer - he's better looking than anyone deserves to be, but really lovely and unassuming with it...and he's slowly but surely helping turn me into a goddess so what's not to love. Fanciful? Yep, of course...completely...he's also 15 years younger than me and wayyyy out of my league, but hey, it brightens up my sad day

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Romantic stories have to have a few key ingredients. The biggest ingredient is that the lovers must be kept apart. The most romantic stories have one or both lovers die (think Romeo and Juliet, Titanic, etc). If a romantic story has the lovers unite, it only happens at the end and then the story ends (think happily ever after--would you really want to see that part of the story?). Romance is not the same as love. I agree, unrequited love is longing. And when pathological, it is obsession.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I never even thought that it might not be, having been reared on the romanticism of the 17th to 19th century. I viewe love as universal. Back when I was a teen I was very fond of the Greek classification of love, pragma, lutus, etc....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I think it is love, but it's the simplest, naivest and least meaningful kind of love.

It doesn't really have to be from afar either; you can know someone quite well and be in love with them without them feeling the same for you.

I think it's a shallow sort of love born out of loneliness and, as others have said, longing for connection and intimacy. Deep love has to be reciprocal and based on communication and connection between people. It's still an intense feeling though, one I've felt a few times and honestly not something I care to go through ever again. Its pretty awful, honestly.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast