Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wise Woman's Ways page

grokgramma is offline Member

Wise Woman's Ways

I am a former vegan, but on my doctor's advice began adding animal protein back into my diet. I decided to eat paleo/primal a couple of weeks ago and have been re-inventing my kitchen, throwing out stuff I don't need on this way of eating, like beans, rice and potatoes.

I wanted to blog about my progress, but as soon as some of my vegan friends found out I had switched to this way of eating all heck broke loose and I was criticized, mocked and generally made to feel like poop. I got discouraged and took my blog down. It's hard enough going primal at my age after a lifetime of wrong eating (which contributed to my bad health) without getting a lot of flak. But then I decided to just keep doing what I am doing. My health is more important than what anyone else thinks of me
    Last edited by grokgramma; 02-21-2013 at 03:59 PM.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Yes it is. Put your blog back up and tell those so called friends to bite you. You are doing what is best for you. If they can't understand that then they are connected more to their own ideals than friendship. Don't give up!

Quote Originally Posted by grokgramma View Post
    I am a former vegan, but on my doctor's advice began adding animal protein back into my diet. I decided to eat paleo/primal a couple of weeks ago and have been re-inventing my kitchen, throwing out stuff I don't need on this way of eating, like beans, rice and potatoes.

I wanted to blog about my progress, but as soon as some of my vegan friends found out I had switched to this way of eating all heck broke loose and I was criticized, mocked and generally made to feel like poop. I took my blog down and got discouraged. It's hard enough going primal at my age after a lifetime of wrong eating (which contributed to my bad health) without getting a lot of flak. But then I decided to just keep doing what I am doing. My health is more important than what anyone else thinks of me
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    By all means share your progress here instead

Welcome.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    welcome Grok Gramma. I have also struggled with others views, and then I told myself - this is MY LIFE. It is interesting because now some of my nay sayers are coming back to tell me that they have finally tried no grains for a week or two, and felt really unwell reintroducing it - so yay for me !!!!!!!!!!
    keep at it and enjoy the journey
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I hope you feel free to blog your thoughts, progress, and questions here often. It is always interesting to follow the stories of people who come here to restore their health. That's what brought me here, and I've never looked back
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

CradlingaLion is offline Member
    I'm keeping my Primal habits more or less on the DL. If I want burgers and veggies for dinner instead of pasta, there's nothing more to it than my tastes changing. Of course if someone shoves a slice of homemade apple pie in my face I take a careful, moderated amount so that I'm not rude, but I precede it with fat and follow it with light exercise to moderate insulin, if possible. It's MY life. I pick my battles.

Thanks everyone for the encouragment. I think you are right CradlingaLion, there's no need for me to announce it, although my vegan friends don't seem to mind pushing their views down everyone else's throats. I guess I did that too, but from now on I will keep the way I eat to myself except to post on here.

CradlingaLion is offline Member
    That's because vegans are religious about their diets and need to proselytize.

Grokettes' (ya like that?) actions/health speaks louder than our words.

I began eliminating crappy foods and adding meat back into my diet 2 weeks ago (I am a former vegan). The change was almost immediate. It's like my body was craving animal protein and I didn't know it. My leg pains disappeared almost overnight and I have been sleeping better at night. Also my indigestion has cleared up. I have also lost 6 lbs.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey that's fantastic. So pleased you found this way of eating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast