Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is on Frenchie79's plate? page

frenchie79 is offline Member

What is on Frenchie79's plate?

Shop Now

Here it is.... I have decided to write down everything I eat. I do not intend to count the macros for now but we'll see what happens.

I have been primal since August 2011 after 4 years of being vegetarian. Recently, 15 lbs were added to rear end and I do not like it. A few things need to be considered: I went off some medication I was taking for 12 years. The kind of medication that is supposed to make you gain weight seemed to keep me from gaining any because I ballooned up as soon as I stopped it.

YES, I thought about going back on it in order to lose the weight. But there are other good sides of being off the meds: I don't need to sleep 12 to 14 hours a night. 6 to 8 hours is plenty now... more than that and I get a sore back.

Other considerations: a stressful job and life. I am married to a military man and we are posted this summer. I know where to but that is about it. Don't know when... When will I leave my job, when is hubby leaving for training (18 weeks), when is he back? Raising our daughter by myself(I am not a kids person) and doing the discipline thing (my hubby is good at it).

Exercise level: zero right now. I am eyeing this cool exercise bike at the store but I am worried it will become a clothes hanger. I thought about buying a used one but the price difference is not that great and I would have to drive 100 km to get it. My plan was to get it and maybe use it 2.5 hours a week, half hour at a time at a regular speed to start, then maybe add a few tabata sprints.

Dec 28th is when I realized I had gained weight and this is when I stopped dairy, aspartame gum (hello coffee breath), chocolate (even dark), nuts and dates. My diet is now meat, veggies, 1 to 2 oranges a day and 2 or 3 bananas a week.

I cheated for one meal last week (Feb 16): I gained back the 5 or 6 lbs I had lost. And I did not even eat the dessert...

I have never been a sweet tooth. I hate cake, especially cheese cake! Anything too sweet hurts my teeth. My mother never baked and we were never allowed pop (or soda) at home.

My favorite drinks are: sparkling water, wine, coffee.

So here it is, feel free to comment or say hi!
    5'7'' 130 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi frenchie, I look forward to reading about your meals. I often post mine too. Good luck with your goals and with your move. Catch you round.

Thanks Annie! Here is what I ate so far:

I woke up at 10 and I had coffee and a nutty protein ball from Mark's recent cookbook... Not working today! I changed the recipe a little bit to use what I have available in this little town and each ball has 6 carbs. We make these for our daughter's breakfast, since she gave up Cheerios a few months ago.

then, at 1130, I had: BAS with homemade dressing (walnut oil, olive oil and grapeseed oil, dijon, herbes de provence, salt, pepper, shallots) with 1 chicken breast marinated in pesto. I added 1 piece of steak (2 by 2 inches) from last night, 1 orange and another coffee. Feeling full.

Right now I am reading about shangri-la... leery to try it because I don't want to gain more.

On my way to get my exercise bike and more chicken breasts. We like to have cooked marinated chicken breasts in the fridge for a quick high protein, low fat quick snack.

My journal:

here is the rest of the day:

4 strips of marinated chicken
    leftover tenderloin with broccoli for supper
    bark, recipe here Cuckoo For Coconuts! | PaleoApproach.org | Achieving Optimal Health with Paleo Nutrition & Fitness (i do not use chocolate)

then 2 mojitos made with stevia

My journal:

Highlight of the day: our scale might be off! Off to the garbage it goes!

So.... now I am not sure what my real weight is and/or was.

What should I do? Get a new scale of just use measurements? I am open to suggestions.

On my plate today:
    B: just coffee! I was not hungry so I went for my usual 4 shots of espresso with 2 onces steamed milk (2%)
    L: BAS with marinated chicken. A few pieces of bark and another homemade latte. Yum!!!

My journal:

Hmm. I know for sure that my Mum's scales are inaccurate. But it doesn't matter, I know what I usually weigh on them, so it doesn't matter if that's not my actual weight. However, I don't use them often anyway. On a day-to-day basis I find measuring is more helpful.

Even if you do get new scales they don't give the whole story and I recommend measuring as well, primal has a way of causing rapid changes in body composition.

thanks for the input Annie!

I was going to keep the scale but *it* changes its mind every 5 minutes. If you weigh yourself and you are not happy with the result, wait 5 minutes and weigh yourself, you might get a different result.

I considered weighing myself at work... there is a cool numeric scale in ER... but I don't think they will appreciate me going there, taking my boots and winter jacket off... lol!

So measurements it is from now on.

Last night's supper was more of that marinated chicken, and another BAS. Not much variety yesterday, but that was I felt like eating. I had a few more pieces of bark, an orange and some mixed baby greens that I eat right from the box, without dressing.

Later I had 3 mojitos... I am not sure. And some wine.

Right now there is a lamb stew cooking in the oven for tonight. Link: Savory Goat Stew | Mark's Daily Apple

I skipped breakfast this am and I had 3 scrambled eggs with red onion, red and green peppers for lunch.

My journal:

Oh yeah, those scales are better gone. Good food today, frenchie.

Last night lamb stew was not bad... My husband thought it was delicious though. The recipe is good and easy to make if you love lamb. I might try it with beef next time because I have come to realize that I don't like lamb that much. I served it with roasted parsnips and these were awesome.

Later last night I had a few handfuls of blueberries, a handful of almonds and a few mojitos.

This am I had 2 coffees and a BAS with marinated chicken at 1130 followed with another handful of blueberries.

Tonight's supper is sauerkraut with nitrite free ham.

My freezer is almost empty of meat. We bought directly from a farm last year and all there is left is 2 packages of pork chops. There is this nice meat store/abatoir not far from here (75 km) where I stopped a few times on my way to work meetings. They have a good selection of nitrate free and free range meats. Their bacon is delicious. I am putting together an order as we speak.

The link, if you live close by:

allnaturalmeats.ca

My journal:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast