Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is on Frenchie79's plate? page 2

frenchie79 is offline Member
    Yesterday afternoon I felt like cooking so I made some braised red cabbage.... And ate half of it in the middle of the afternoon.

Then we had our sauerkraut dinner and I had a small piece of mint-dark chocolate, 1 inch square.

It was a cabbage day!

this morning, I had my usual latte and my daughter had an orange an a spoonful of coconut oil. We are out of her usual cottage cheese and nutty protein balls. I might bake this for her after work:

Paleo Banana Bread | Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations
    5'7'' 130 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Well, what a cabbage day.... I had some sauerkraut ready for lunch today at work so I came home instead: I had a BAS with marinated chicken instead. An orange for dessert.

I love cabbage but cabbage does not love me.

After work I spent 2 hours in the kitchen. I made:

-nutty protein balls for my daughter's breakfasts
    -the above paleo banana bread recipe: turned out so-so... When I took it out of the mold it broke in half lenghtwise... It tastes great though. Next time I will make it in a little cupcake pan for individual portions.
    -then I made tomato sauce from scratch with meatballs from scratch: 1 lbs of beef with 1 lbs of lamb mixed together. It tasted great.
    -also 5 chicken breasts are sliced and marinating, I will cook them tomorrow night.

Exercise bike is still in his box in the garage... I am not working tomorrow so I might start putting it together.

Seeing my doc tomorrow for the first time since weight gain/Dec 12... Hoping to have some answers.

good night y'all!

My journal:

Last night meatballs were delicious! And I had a few pieces of banana bread afterwards.

today:
    B: late w/ a slice of banana bread
    L: lefotver meatballs from last night + lattee
    S: BAS with the marinated chicken that is cooking right now

I saw my doc today: My height is still 5'7", my weight : 63.5 kg or 139.9 lbs... not bad!

I explained the whole crap that has been happening to me for the last 3 months: abd pain, weight gain... I now have bloodwork to do as well as an ultrasound. Maybe a CT scan if nothing shows up in the ultrasound. One of my ovaries is enlarged. She suspects PCOS. I had a bad day after that, I watched law and order reruns and I had a nap.

The cause of my weight gain seems to be not related to what I eat after all. What sucks with PCOS is that there is no surgery to remove it or treatment to cure it. We can only manage symptoms.

My journal:

here is today's menu:
    B: latte w/ 2 slices of banana bread.... we are out now!
    L: BAS with marinated chicken
    S: striploin w/ steamed broccoli, 1 square of mint dark chocolate, 1 nutty protein ball

Right now the is a big ass soup cooking on the stove... 10 Quick and Easy Recipes in 15 Minutes or Less | Mark's Daily Apple

I used cubed beef and spinach. I might have a bowl tonight for snack!!

My journal:

yesterday I ate:
    B: latte with 2 protein balls
    L: 2 bowls of my awesome big ass soup
    S: tenderloin with mushrooms and roasted parsnips.... and a square of dark mint chocolate!

My journal:

Here is what I ate Saturday:

B: latte and new banana bread Paleo Banana Bread - Healthy Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe - Elana's Pantry I used coconut oil instead of the vegan stuff. The bread tastes good and the texture is way much better than the other banana bread I made earlier this week.

L: The last (small) portion of big ass soup, an orange, a small big ass salad and a protein ball
    S: A 10 ounces portion of prime rib au jus with half a portion of AWESOME fries!

So I guess I can call it "cheat" night. I "cheated" 3 times since Dec 28th. I used to be every Friday at supper time but now I do it way less often and I feel better. The 80/20 does not work for me.

Right now I am cooking for the week. It is a new habit I acquired in the last few weeks and I enjoy spending the day cooking. So far I made a new salad dressing, marinated chicken that I will cook tomorrow and French onion soup, recipe here :Soupe l'oignon classique - Recettes - la di Stasio. Sorry the link is in French. French onion soup calls for a French recipe. LOL

Tonight's supper will be buffalo wings, a favorite for our family of 3. Spicy Buffalo Chicken | Mark's Daily Apple

Have a good Sunday everyone!

My journal:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Almost 10 days since I posted anything... Well, guess what guys and gals... I have realized that I eat the same things over and over and I find myself boring!

I am happy of eating the same type of food. Salads, soups, meat, veggies, 1 or 2 fruits a day, the occasional nut or protein balls and paleo banana bread... Still minimum dairy: lactose free milk in my coffee and that's it.

I have not weighed myself since I went to the doctor in February. Bad news: I am going to for surgery shortly, maybe within 6 weeks... I am super stressed out about it. Too much is happening at once there days. But I am glad I am still eating well and not resorting to fast food or already prepared meals. It has become a habit now and I don't see food as a reward anymore.

My journal:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12