Thread: Low intensity jogging page

gaston095 is offline Junior Member

Low intensity jogging

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

Does anyone (with an average fitness level) perform low intensity jogging? How long can you keep it up?

I want to try some low intensity jogging and I was looking for personal experiences, just to guide myself.

It happens to me that I can barely reach that 70% heart rate by walking on the beach, I can't walk faster than 4 miles an hour and I'm not overweight or injured.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    If you are fit then jogging counts as move slowly, go for it. I don't monitor my heart-rate, so I'm happy walking as my move slowly and I can't jog as I'm usally carrying a baby in a sling (which ups the work rate anyway) but if I walk on my own I sometimes lope along at an easy jog/very fast walk pace, just as walking feels too relaxed.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I was doing it for a while last summer. I'm terrible at running and was able to get up to a 2.5 hour run, although 1.5 hours was a lot more enjoyable. I liked just going out there and seeing where I could go. I found some really nice horse trails and jogged through some real nice parts of town and just found it to be kinda relaxing and adventurous at the same time. I wore a heart rate monitor to keep track of my heart rate and stay where I wanted it to be.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

breetbree is offline Senior Member
    i enjoy it! i'm no distance runner, i'm a terrible runner. i think last time i slowly jogged i went like 7 mins and felt i was gonna die hahaha. using rest periods with walking i could cover pretty big distances and it was enjoyable and i didn't feel negative effects at the end (:

jmsmall is offline Senior Member
    Get the book by Jeff Galloway on beginning running. He advocates a gentle run-walk method that has worked well for me. I get plantar fasciitis at the drop of a hat and so far it has not returned. Pretty Primal theory: run 10-20 seconds, walk 1-2 minutes, repeat!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I've just started a couch to 10k on the treadmill at my gym and so far I love it. Right now (the second week) it's 90 sec runs sandwiched between 120 sec walks. When I say "run" I mean rogging....running/jogging. Not a sprint. It feels fantastic and I hope to use it to build endurance and exercise my lungs so that I can do it for long periods of time. I'd like to work up to the 10k and beyond. If you'd like to try it I recommend the phone app called 10k Runner - it will talk you through when to jog and when to walk.

yogi19270 is offline Junior Member
    I do low intensity jogging for 1 hour. I am cardio fit, but im carrying an extra 16lbs than i want to. I never used my heart rate montior properly so i have done alot of reading and got some advise, to lose body fat you should train between 65-80% max (ive been advised to only to go 75%). For cardio fitness anything above 80% will help. I find if im on the treadmill and i jog for 15mins first i can keep my heart rate up, but if im outside on flat ground i have to jog the full hour, but very slow.