Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the best appetite suppressors? page

dimples is offline Junior Member

What are the best appetite suppressors?

What kinds of foods help me feel a lot fuller so I don't over eat?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Fatty foods and protein foods. Especially fatty protein foods.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Yup - fat and protein! I just ate a can of tuna mixed with a coconut-oil-based dressing and a hard-boiled egg with veggies for lunch... and I'm stuffed! I've had this for breakfast and lunch many times and it holds me over for at least 5 hours, usually more.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Coffee (with 1 tbsp heavy cream) and oil shots (shangri-la diet) are appetite killers for me, as is keeping carbs under 70g a day.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It is very individual and varies from day to day. Generally, choosing a healthy item along the line of what you crave will be the best option. In other words, if you crave starch, go for a potato or some other tuber with no sugar. If you crave meat, load on meat and greens.

Most people can be subdivided into a few 'satiation' categories:
    1. low volume that experience satiation from fat: this categorie does amazing on 70+ fat with low carb and lower protein, do great on super-low volume but high caloric sources like highly fatty meats (pork, roast chicken)
    2. volumetric satiation: satiates on low caloric bulk, like salads and fruit (normally doesn't seek Primal, since is a happy frutarian or vegetarian anyway)
    3. high lean protein and carb satiation - satiates great on classic paleo with about 25-40% fat, and 30% each carb and fat, from not starchy sources. Fish, greens, skinless breasts....
    4. combinational satiation: has to combine starch, protein and fat to satiate. This folks will benefit from going beyond Primal and Paleo and adding beans, whole cooked grains and tubers into their diet - or the Perfect Health version of Paleo or a Potato Hack (no fat version... sorry running out of time here)....

If satiation is a problem, taking flavorless oil separately (Shangri La), scheduled eating (intermittent fasting), excluding sugars, cheese, nuts and low volume super-caloric load foods (like very fatty meats) may be helpful as experiments with satiation control
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Grass fed butter, preferably salted. The best diet food out there.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Black coffee, very cold water, lean protein, fibrous vegetables, potatoes, eggs, and bland tasting food in general...

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    That Shangri-la thing sound kind of intriguing. Sometimes my appetite gets out of control, which altho doesn't make me gain thanks to eating Primal, is still super annoying. I'm thinking to give it a try next time I get a flair up.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74412.html

Other than that, high fat, moderate protein and low-carb - AKA Ketogenic diet works well as an appetite suppressor for most people. Whether you want to go that route is a whole different question.

Another option is to have a fairly large, high protein breakfast, like approx. 50g of protein and see if it keeps you full for the rest of the day.

Annieh is offline Senior Member

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In my experience, cutting out starches. I just posted a thread asking for help with eating more because my appetite has gone down so much after drastically cutting carbs.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast