Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the best appetite suppressors? page 6

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I'm not even kidding..... this actually sounds kinda tasty.
    It sounded grosser when I typed it.

Then I realised, crap, cook it right and it would be bloody fantastic.

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    I do not know the others, but it works for me. I found that working out in fasted state doesn't make me hungrier, on the contrary: I almost have to force me to eat. I think it is just the proof that once you activate the fat burning mechanisms you are no more that dependent on food.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I still maintain that different people have different mechanisms of satiation, so that fat satiation and protein and bulk satiation are all valid approaches, and one have to find the best that suits him or her. Look at the potato (90+ starch) vs fat (90+ % fat) fasts, very pure experiments on satiation. There are people who can't manage 1000 calories a day on either, they are so stuffed. But they are not the same people. Volumetric satiation is completely feasible for some, and leave others wanting. You can fit any macro approach into clean eating. So, why fight about it and try to prove that one is superior to another? Pick one, try it for 4 to 6 weeks, if it doesn't work, then move on.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Fcherryhillier is offline Junior Member
    For me it is water. It is the best way to freshen up and be bloated without eating.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Of course fat works for satiety and putting a stick of butter in your coffee will sure make you feel full, no doubt about that! But scientific studies shows over and over again that protein is the most satiating of the macronutrients for the majority of people, when you calculate the total load of calories, and that's most relevant here...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Chicken breast may sound boring, but wrap it in aluminum foil with lemon, garlic and rosemary and bake it in the oven - that's next to zero added calories and it adds volumes of flavor.
    Not really for me.
    I think a lot depends on the individual. If volumetrics worked for everyone, there would be thin women everywhere.
    There is something about the mouthfeel of fat that satisfies.

I can overeat bacon and fat all day long. It is really easy- you are 100% right that it is pretty easy to eat 1000 calories of fat lickity split. But if I just eat lean protein and carbs..... at some point I just get the sugar cravings. Yesterday is a great example- lots of lean protein- chicken breast and salad, protein rich smoothie, not much fat and around 3pm I would have killed you for a piece of cheesecake. If I just up the fat a bit- eggs for breakfast cooked with butter, steak and dressing on my salad, 3pm looks a lot different.

For me, the best appetite suppressent is not food, it's exercise, specifically sprints/HIIT kills my appetite.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Of course fat works for satiety and putting a stick of butter in your coffee will sure make you feel full, no doubt about that! But scientific studies shows over and over again that protein is the most satiating of the macronutrients for the majority of people, when you calculate the total load of calories, and that's most relevant here...
    I'm so glad we have you here as a poster to keep spreading your wisdom by half-reading what's been said and then contributing yet another non-sequitur.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'm so glad we have you here as a poster to keep spreading your wisdom by half-reading what's been said and then contributing yet another non-sequitur.
    Maybe you should try to spread a little wisdom as well?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I tried to satiate on fat, even tried the fat fasts, on butter, coconut and macadamia nuts. Usually I lasted to about 4 pm, when I started to scream for protein. I inevitably ended up overeating on those days. Fat leaves me empty and fatty meats just pack on pounds on me like crazy. I am afraid to touch pork, and as much as I love roast chicken, even a small amount makes me 2 lbs heavier the next morning
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Just to back the discussion with a little science, not that I think that the die-hard fatlovers will be convinced though:

"It is well established that under most conditions, protein is more satiating than the isoenergetic ingestion of carbohydrate or fat (8, 11-13). This suggests that a modest increase in protein, at the expense of the other macronutrients, may promote satiety and facilitate weight loss through reduced energy consumption (20). The increased satiety from protein has been observed in a single meal (21, 22) and over 24 h (23)."

Protein, weight management, and satiety

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast