Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What are the best appetite suppressors? page 14

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    That's an excellent question, and unfortunately I'm pretty sure it's impossible to answer. The problem is that neurotransmitter systems are so complex, plus several are often simultaneously working.

So not only is it likely that the amount of adrenaline necessary can vary day to day, but even the sensitivity of the receptors can change (and if those receptors are constantly flooded with raised levels of neurotransmitters, they will eventually downregulate which doesn't change the amount of adrenaline circulating in the system, but will alter the effects of that adrenaline).
    Thanks for the explanation. I've done quite a bit of googling on this since yesterday and I'm still not convinced that the amount of adrenaline required for the conversion of beta-hydroxybutyrate to pyruvate is problematic, especially once one becomes ketoadapted. But like everything metabolic, I am sure this varies greatly between individuals. I'd love to see some controlled studies, but I can't find any.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    8 ounces of kimchi can suppress the appetite for a couple of hours.

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    So far fighting off the stomach flu has done wonders for appetite suppressing. Ugh.

In reading through the thread, I do not see why it has to be either/or when it comes to eating foods that are low in fat or high in fat. Why not mix things up? Some days I am hungry for volume and will make a big ass salad with chicken and vegetables and happily consume it. Other times I am happy making higher fat foods like ground hamburger with some vegetables. It depends on the day and how I feel.

Just staying away from processed crap foods does wonders for my appetite. It's the mental thing knowing I am not going to be eating crap that helps me not feel starving. I've personally had my best success when I challenge myself to 30 days of not one single cheat. There is always something going on.. birthdays, going out to dinner, holidays, special occasions, etc that tempt me to eat crap. When I simply make no excuses I make the best progress and as a result don't think overmuch about food.
    5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
    Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
    Weight: 259
    Total Cholesterol: 243
    LDL: 188
    HDL: 40
    Trig: 96

2-18-11
    Weight: 228
    Total Cholesterol: 239
    LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)