Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: What are the best appetite suppressors? page 13

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Neckhammer, Adrenalin is also a counter regulatory hormone to lower insulin levels, so it makes sense that they get elevated when going low carbs, and everybody that know the impact of adrenalin on our mental state should recognize some similarities to the state of ketosis, at least I do...

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Neckhammer, Adrenalin is also a counter regulatory hormone to lower insulin levels, so it makes sense that they get elevated when going low carbs
    Why? That logic appears backwards to me. Can you explain it? Wouldn't insulin levels already be low in a low-carb state?

and everybody that know the impact of adrenalin on our mental state should recognize some similarities to the state of ketosis, at least I do...
    I feel calm and able to focus on a ketogenic diet. Are you describing a different experience? Because that's not what I imagine when you talk about "the impact of adrenalin on our mental state."

Is it just possible that different people experience things like ketosis differently?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yes you can eat more volume in the form of carbs and lean protein but higher fat in smaller portions will make you full. If in doubt try a couple of days on the fat fast - eat 1000 calories per day with 90 percent coming from fat.
    Tried it, and it did not work. I tried it with coconut oil. Macadamia nuts. Every time I was over 1000 calories by 2 pm and starved out of my mind. Yeah, I have eaten 1/3 cup coconut oil... yes, I was that hungry. I ate 2 oz of macadamia nuts as my meal. Hungry.
    Last edited by Leida; 02-25-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

RichMahogany, your ignorant trolling doesn’t impress me much, and since I think that you are beyond the ability of learning something at all, I am now putting you on my ignore list, as the first of this forum, so feel yourself honored! So good luck with your life as a light featherweight MMA wannabe, and find some others to troll instead…

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Gorbag]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag
    Neckhammer, Adrenalin is also a counter regulatory hormone to lower insulin levels, so it makes sense that they get elevated when going low carbs
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Why? That logic appears backwards to me. Can you explain it? Wouldn't insulin levels already be low in a low-carb state?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag
    RichMahogany, your ignorant trolling doesn’t impress me much, and since I think that you are beyond the ability of learning something at all, I am now putting you on my ignore list, as the first of this forum, so feel yourself honored!
    Can somebody else provide insight? I was genuinely interested in the answer to my question.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member

Can somebody else provide insight? I was genuinely interested in the answer to my question.
    Y'know, like, because.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 02-25-2013 at 11:07 AM.

RichMahogany, your ignorant trolling doesn’t impress me much, and since I think that you are beyond the ability of learning something at all, I am now putting you on my ignore list, as the first of this forum, so feel yourself honored! So good luck with your life as a light featherweight MMA wannabe, and find some others to troll instead…
    RM made Gorbag cry and run away!

When faced with superior knowledge, things always end this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    RM made Gorbag cry and run away!

When faced with superior knowledge, things always end this way.
    Superior knowledge??? You seem to be very funny today Finnegans Wake, what are you taking?

EDIT: And those people that don't think that very low carb diets will not elevate hormones such as adrenaline, noradrenaline etc, do not need to go very far; just type in "adrenaline" in the search engine on this cite and there will come up plenty of threads dealing with this. And if still not satisfied in search for "superior knowlegde", check out Lyle McDonald; "The ketonic diet" or search his cite as well...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 02-25-2013 at 11:54 AM.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Gorbag or BestBetter: What amount of adrenaline is actually necessary for the conversion of protein to glucose?
    That's an excellent question, and unfortunately I'm pretty sure it's impossible to answer. The problem is that neurotransmitter systems are so complex, plus several are often simultaneously working.

So not only is it likely that the amount of adrenaline necessary can vary day to day, but even the sensitivity of the receptors can change (and if those receptors are constantly flooded with raised levels of neurotransmitters, they will eventually downregulate which doesn't change the amount of adrenaline circulating in the system, but will alter the effects of that adrenaline).

Xeno is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    All I know is we (my fiancee and I) have upped our daily fat intake for the past couple of weeks. We have been eating paleo/primal since January 2nd. I have gone from 195lbs to 176lbs. Since upping the fat we both notice that we can go much longer without feeling hungry, and our portion sizes are considerably smaller.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast